Chapter 17 - The People's Choice

ANTHONY POV

Last night event was one of the hardest decision I've made. I'm now having breakfast after I ran this morning.

"Morning son." Mom greeted me.

"Morning Mom, morning Dad." I made some coffee.

"Done with your training already?" Dad sat on his chair.

"Yeah I woke up early and decided to run a few miles." I sipped my hot drink.

"By the way you did handle the issue very well last night." Dad complimented me.

"Thanks Dad although I admit it was a risk but that's the only way." I ate my ham and egg sandwhich.

"Your Mom and I were thinking as soon as you find your mate we will give you the throne." Dad announced.

"Thanks Dad, Mom. I will do my best for our people." I oath sincerely.

"We know you can lead this Kingdom in rightful way and we trust you Anthony." Mom supported.

In time Ara and Ames came to the table after hearing our conversation.

"Amelia, I know we were wrong to judge Jarred and we want to get to know him more. Can you somehow contact him so he can come over for dinner?" Dad statement made us stunned.

"I will let him know. Thank you Dad." Amelia face glow.

"If he makes you happy I'm willing to give it a go as long as he stays with his word." Dad gave her a warmed smile.

Over all the breakfast went smoothly and everyone left in happy mode. It's like the event last night was long forgotten and never happened. After breakfast I went back on the training field with our people.

There are three different training grounds for each group. First group are the Guardians with powers and their tracking senses. Second group are the fighters that will test their strength and stamina to fight in wolf form or human form. The last group is for the pack members who are trained how to fight and defend themselves in case of attack.

"Can I have your attention everyone please? We will be having a general assembly tonight after dinner I expect everyone to be there thank you." Dad called out.

Everyone went back on their training including me and my sisters. I was the one who personally train them since they didn't have their Guardians yet.

'I wanna know how much stronger we can be when we met our mate.' Raven commented.

'Same here I'm dying to know who she is.' I agreed with a doubtful mind.

'Yeah in less than three weeks we will find her.' My wolf gets excited.

'I can feel she's just around the area we just need to scoot more.' I blocked him and focused on training.

Dinner came and Amelia arrived with Jarred unlike yesterday there was no tension. We found out he was also a Trueblood of their kind. He leads his people like an Alpha now it's time to introduce him to our people.

"Good evening everyone I called this assembly because of two special announcements. First, your Prince Anthony as you all know is the next in line for the throne and it won't be long for him to take over my place." Dad begins as our people applauded.

"When is the Ceremony of Successor will be King Charles?" One of our people addressed.

"It will be in three weeks on his 18th birthday." Dad declared.

"Second announcement, your Princess Amelia found her mate. Ladies and Gentlemen we would like to introduce you Prince Jarred Coleman." Dad gestured him to stand.

"He's a vampire!!" One member growled and shifted.

"Shift back or I will burn you into ashes." I stood in front of Jarred.

"Everyone calmed down and listen! I know it's unremarkable news but I want you to accept her mate just the way Amelia accepted him." Dad waved his hand.

"How sure are you he will not bring harm to our kind?" A fighter bravely questioned us.

"We already studied this rare case and it turns out every 300 years Vampires and Wolves have the possibility to be mates." Dad clarified.

"We would also like to announce a new treaty made between Vampires and Werewolves. It states that no harm should be done for each kind. If anybody objects they will be considered as enemy and face the consequences." Dad warned them.

"Before you said your opinion I want everyone to listen while Jarred speak in behalf of the Vampires." I let Jarred have the floor.

"Being the Leader of my Coven I hereby declare this valid and true. My clan has been informed on this treaty for the sake of their future Queen your Princess Amelia. This is the time we unite and protect each other and I can guarantee you that my loyalty remains with my beloved mate." Jarred bravely expressed his side.

"We will not pressure you to accept him but I'm speaking to you as your Princess to please give him a chance." Amelia stepped up.

The people stayed silent and just watching the two souls standing in front of us.

"That will be all for tonight you are all dismissed. Thank you for coming." Mom did the closure.

Everyone started to go to their respective rooms. I hope this will not cause war between our pack and Jarred's.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter :)

Thank you so much!!

••••• MJ Cristine