Chapter 8

Hazel POV

I laid on the bed with my eyes closed, trying my best to ignore the soreness that ran all over my body. I had no idea how long it had been since Black ski mask's brother gave me the bowl of porridge. Possibly three or four hours? The last time I checked, the sun was still up.

All of a sudden the bed shifted, and I let out a gasp while my eyes flew open. My captor was staring down at me with a huge smirk on his face. How had I not heard him come in?

"I brought you water." He said while slightly raising the glass.

Looking at the water, I realized something important I really needed to do. "Can I go to the washroom?"

He stared at me for a second before placing the glass on the table and reaching over to take the restraints off me. Once I was free, I rubbed my sore wrists and stretched out my aching muscles.

"C'mon." He stood up and grabbed my arm.

I let out a small yelp of pain as he tugged me off the bed. He didn't let go, but he did loosen his hold on me slightly. He opened the door and brought me out into the hallway.

The hallway was very bare, nothing in sight except for the few closed doors and the staircase on the far side to the left. Black ski mask's brother pulled me right across to the other side of the hallway and opened the door.

"I'll give you five minutes." He said sternly. "If you don't come out in that time, I'll have to come in and get you. Ok?"

I nodded my head and walked into the bathroom, and closed the door. I really didn't want him to come in, so I used the bathroom quickly and flushed the toilet, and walked over to the sink to wash my hands.

Looking into the mirror, I barely recognized myself. The bruise looked awful compared to my pale skin, and my hazel eyes looked very dull, my brown hair a tangled mess. I still had on the shirt that I was in when I got taken the first time. I looked at the blood that was over my chest, and then pulled the collar of my shirt down to look at the wound. It was covered in a white medical bandage that was stained slightly with blood.

I quickly pulled my shirt back up over my shoulder and then jumped at the sound of Black ski mask's brother knocking at the door. I took a deep breath and one last glance into the mirror before opening the bathroom door.

"Good job." He said. "I was worried I was going to have to get you."

I looked down at my bare feet. Where did my shoes even go?

"Time to go back to your room." He grabbed my arm again and pulled me to the room. Once in the room he let go of my arm and closed the door behind us. "Lie back down."

I stood my ground and just stared at him.

"Hazel, I don't want to hurt you. So please don't be difficult and just lie back down."

"I don't want to be tied up again." I said. Fake tears were starting to well up in my eyes.

He clenched his jaw and stared at the ground. Not like he was mad at me, but like he was angry with himself.

"Please." I begged. "I won't try to escape. I just don't want to be tied down anymore."

"One more night." He finally said and then took a step towards me. "Lie down."

I knew that I wasn't going to be able to fight him off. He didn't even have a weapon for me to get my hands on, like Black ski mask had. So I did as I was told, and laid down on the bed.

After fastening the restraints back onto my wrists and ankles, he sat down next to me and smiled. "Don't worry, I'm doing this to protect you. I don't want you getting hurt."

I glared up at him, but he didn't care.

He then looked over at the glass of water. "Here." He picked the glass up. "You must be thirsty."

I stared at the water while licking my dry lips. My mouth felt like a desert and it needed quenching. He let out a chuckle at my eagerness, but I didn't care, I just needed the water.

Once the glass touched my lips, he tilted the glass so the water poured into my parched mouth. Some - well I mean most - of the water spilled all over the front of my shirt. When I downed the whole glass, he placed the empty cup on the table.

I had expected him to leave again, but he didn't.

"What time is it?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Almost dinner time. I'll bring you something in a little bit." He looked away from me and instead down at his hands, his smile now gone. "Tomorrow I'll give you a tour of the house, and there's also something that I need to show you." He looked me directly in my eyes. "Ok?"

"Yeah." I said, trying to hide my confusion. What could he possibly want to show me?

He turned his head towards the door. "I'll be back in an hour to give you your dinner." He got up and grabbed the empty glass.

"Wait. What do I call you?" I didn't want to keep referring to him as Black ski mask's brother.

He turned back to me, smiled, and said, "Nex. You can call me Nex," before walking out and closing the door.