Chapter 3

No one's POV

Suddenly the fire started dying down and Harry instantly knew what that meant. Lily, James, or Polly were about to come out of the fireplace through the flu network. Harry instantly whipped his checks and got up, then taking a few steps backwards so that Lily had enough space to enter as she was the first one to come through, followed by Polly, then James.

They were all laughing and talking about how fun it was to sign autographs and go around Diagon Alley to get Polly's school supplies. Their laughing stopped however when they all looked at Harry, who was looking down with his Hogwarts letter in his hand. James came over to him and snatched the letter from his hand, before reading it. Once he was done he let out a sigh and turned back to Lily and Polly.

"Harry still needs to get his school stuff, I'll take him after dinner." James said before he, Polly, and Lily all left the room, going back to their conversation, leaving Harry behind. Harry was over the moon on going to Diagon Alley. He had never gone there before, as he hadn't left the manor since before Voldemort's attack on Polly. He imagined this would be a fun father-son bonding experience, maybe he could even prove to James that he was as strong as Polly!

Harry ran up to his room to get ready, he looked at himself in the mirror and almost sneered at how he looked. His shoulder length hair was straight, unlike his fathers (A/N I said his hair was messy like his fathers in the last chapter but I changed my mind), and greasy. He was short from malnutrition and skinny from the lack of food his body received, as Harry didn't want to get yelled at for stealing food from the kitchen and only ate when he was called down for food, or when the house elves begged and sobbed for him to eat something.

Harry stripped his clothes and got into the shower, washed his hair, and got out in less than ten minutes. He put on the fanciest robes he had, which were a pale red, as he wasn't used to seeing vibrant colors, nor wearing them. He put his hair in a messy back ponytail before leaving his room and going to the flu to wait. After a few minutes James came in wearing a bright red robe with gold lining and the Potter Crest on his robe in gold, showing he was the Lord of the Potter family. He leaned his upper body down, as if bowing, to where he was at eye contact.

"Let me make something clear, Harry," He said Harry's name with venom, causing Harry to flinch. "We are going to Diagon Alley to get you the absolute essentials for Hogwarts, nothing more. Do I make myself clear." He said in a threatening calm voice, basically saying 'if you don't agree then you're in trouble'. Harry quickly nods, which results in James rising and taking a handful of flu powder, then yanking Harry into the fireplace and throwing down the flu powder, yelling 'Diagon Alley!' while doing so.

Next thing Harry knows he's standing in the middle of the Leaky Cauldron, which he had heard lots about, and was being pulled towards a brick wall, which turned into a passageway after James tapped the bricks in a certain pattern. Why they didn't just apparate to Diagon Alley, Harry had no idea.

Once the passageway opened, Harry, for the first time, was introduced to Diagon Alley.

______________

Word Count: 591