chapter twenty-five // letting go.

Start from the beginning

Unable to actually speak any words, I just nod my head, lying completely. He sees right through it somehow and gives me a look full of pain, as if he felt the hurt too. He leans down and gives me a gentle kiss.

"You've already become this amazing girl without them. You don't need them now any more than you did then. It's their loss," He tells me, speaking quietly into my ear.

I squeeze him tightly in my arms, so overwhelmed with so many emotions. Somehow Harry always seems to know exactly what to say to make it better.

"What did I do to get so lucky to have the best boyfriend in the world? I don't know why you put up with all my crap," I whisper quietly, my voice sounding scratchy and gross.

But Harry doesn't say anything in return. He just holds onto me tightly.

"Ready to go, Olivia?" Tea asks, speaking softly as if she didn't want to startle the two of us.

I give Harry one last squeeze before untangling myself from him. He looks at me with sad eyes as he walks Tea and I to her car. When Tea isn't looking, he steals one last kiss from me before jogging to his own familiar black SUV.

I give him a wave as he pulls out of my driveway.

Tea turns down her 'Florence + The Machine' CD that was blasting extremely loudly, resuming where she had left it before.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asks me as we drive away, taking the streets to her house that I know by heart.

I glance over to her with a raised eyebrow, knowing very well that Tea isn't a big fan of playing the role of therapist.

"Nope." I reply, not even lying. It's not worth getting myself all worked up about it.

"Good." She cracks a smile, causing me to do the same.

Phew. For a minute there, I didn't recognize her.

Louis' POV

The lads and I all head back to our flats, retiring for the night. It's been on hell of a day, that's for sure. Props to Harry; Olivia's a lot to handle. She may seem like she's all chill and relaxed, but really she's just as immature and energetic as we are. I liked seeing this side of her.

Driving back home and laughing over the things that happened today, I think we all realized that Olivia's settling herself in our lives as well, not just Harry's. Seeing her cry made me more upset than I thought it would.

It's such a shame that Harry has to break up with her soon. I know Harry won't want anything to do with her after all this - he never stays in contacts with his exes, he says that's just dumb - but I hope that the rest of us can hang out with her like we did today.

After nearly carrying Niall into his flat, I head back to my own. Knowing Harry probably stuck around for a bit after we left, I decide to postpone going straight to bed.

Suddenly my phone goes off, blaring The Fray loudly from inside my pants pocket. I dig it out and look at the screen:

JULIET CALLING...

I hesitate before answering. We haven't been getting along lately. It seems we're fighting more than usual. She's always been a spitfire and I love her passion, but it's getting more and more extreme to the point that I can barely handle it.

Knowing I can't avoid our problems forever, I pick up the phone.

"Hey, Jules," I answer, flopping down on the couch and kicking off my Toms.

"You were busy today, weren't you?" She says, already the hint of attitude in her voice. I can't help but to let out an exhausted groan.

I should have never answered the phone.