chapter twenty-five // letting go.

Start from the beginning

At this moment, I realize that the three of us are complete strangers. I can't remember the last time my mom hugged me and told me she loved me, or the last time my dad checked my room for monsters.

"I've literally been on the cover of magazines everywhere and you didn't notice. You don't notice anything! But you'd notice if the smallest detail went wrong in your business, wouldn't you? Why'd you have me if you had no intention to be there for me." I continue yelling, tears starting to well up in my eyes, making everything blurry.

I do everything in my power to keep the tears from spilling over.

"Olly, we do love you. We really do. We're busy people and it's always been that way. You were such a mature little girl that we didn't think we ever had to sit you down and explain that to you," My father tells me, turning it around on me and making me look like I'm the bad person.

I just stare at him blankly. No apology? No promises to be more involved? Why am I not surprised? This is the exact reason I've never brought it up before. It wouldn't matter.

This day - it's hard to believe it's been a single day - has been the most extreme roller-coaster I've ever been on. Just this morning I was reading Tate's lovely article, then I had the time of my life with the boys, and now this. There's a reason I never liked Soap Operas; I've never been a fan of drama.

"So don't try and change the topic. We're still angry that you've kept this Harry boy behind our back. Although you're legally an adult, you're still living under our roof, so our rules still abide. And if I do remember, we have a strict 'no boy' rule." My mother tells me sternly, not looking guilty or sympathetic in the slightest.

I can't help but to let out a laugh of disbelief. Are you kidding me?

"You have no right to tell me what to do. You weren't there for any of my concerts; you weren't there when I broke my leg and had to spend the night in the hospital; you weren't there for my graduation; you weren't there for me when Tate and I broke up; You're never there. I don't have to listen to anything you say." I stand up and spit out words in their faces, the tears spilling over my cheeks now.

My parents look at me with a face full of hurt, as if I had slapped them across the face. If there wasn't a large table between us, then that'd be true as well.

"Olivia Watson!" My father stands up and shouts, slamming his fist on the table.

"I'm staying at Tea's tonight. Don't bother calling," I say, wiping my tears and turning around to stomp out of the dining room.

I wait to hear my parents footsteps following me to yell at me for my disrespect, but that doesn't happen. They don't bother chasing after me. It makes the hurt sting a little bit more.

Slamming the backdoor behind me, everyone stops talking and stares at me as I cry.

"Tea, can I spend the night at your house?" I sniffle and wipe my eyes.

Harry wraps his arms around me and lets me let it all out into his chest. The boys all get the hose and put out the fire in the fireplace.

"Of course," Tea pats my back, "Let me get my things from your room. I'll pack you a bag as well," She tells me, knowing very well I don't want to step another foot in my house.

Niall, Liam, Zayn and Louis all give me a kiss on the forehead before leaving Harry and I alone. I try to apologize for ruining their day with all my drama, but they wouldn't allow it.

"Are you okay, love?" Harry whispers to me, holding my chin in his hands and forcing me to look up at him with mascara running down my face.

No. I'm not. I've been holding in all this frustration at my parents for too long. It's not fair to Harry that it all had to happen while he's in the middle of it all.