077; our belated one year

third person.

"i am here to pick you up for our belated one year anniversary plans," jack smiled as nicole opened her front door, immediately noticing the bunch of roses on his hands.

"hi jack," nicole's dad, roman, said as he walked up behind his daughter, jack quickly raising his hand into a small wave, "no illegal shit tonight."

"mr carver i would never," he shook his head, "that is corbyn, not me."

"alright bye dad," nicole said, walking out of the door before turning to face her dad, "we'll be back in a few hours."

"jack," roman said, "she's in a bad mood by the way so just-"

"bye!" nicole interrupted him, grabbing jack's arm and pulling him down the driveway as the front door to the house was closed.

"you're in a bad mood?" he asked, "on our one year date night?"

"i can hide my sadness for a few hours," she shrugged, placing a quick kiss on his cheeks before the boy frowned, "it's okay, i promise."

"nic," jack came to a stop.

"jack i really don't want to ruin the mood for our date night," she shook her head, "can i tell you afterwards?"

"okay," he nodded and smiled.

getting into the boy's car, the couple drove to their destination for that evening. a small picnic on the top of a hill with the sunset as their view, one of the girl's favourite things to do and jack's guitar with them to fulfil their peaceful evening.

and so while jack played his guitar and the girl sat beside him tucked into their small variety of snacks, watching the sun slowly go down as the night began to become darker and darker.

"i left your gift at home," nicole spoke up as she looked over at the boy, "i completely forgot to bring it i'm sorry."

"oh wait mines in the car," jack replied, placing down his guitar and quickly walking over to his car before walking back with a large canvas in his hands.

"jack we said we weren't doing anything big," she told him, a smile growing on her face as he placed it down in front of her, the canvas wrapped in a brown paper, "are you serious?"

"i know we said that but you wanted decor for your apartment and so i put in a special request for something," jack explained, "you may open it."

"you're insane, my gift is nothing compared to whatever this is." she shook her head, tearing the paper off of the canvas before it was finally revealed to be a painted replica of a photo the boy had took on their first date.

as nicole's mouth dropped open, it was only seconds before her smile fell as she kept her gaze on the canvas, tilting her head slightly, "did mollie paint this..?"

"yep, i asked her to." jack smiled, watching her nod before she looked up at him, "do you like it?"

"i love it, it's a great piece of decor." nicole gave him a smile, "thank you baby."

"that's why i paid for her therapy, i just couldn't tell you at the time." he laughed slightly, "but she didn't wanna be paid and i felt bad so.. i paid for her therapy."

"thank you," nicole said, placing a small kiss on the boy's lips before she sat the canvas down beside her, "my gift is going to look terrible now."

"don't be silly, i'll love it." jack shrugged, "you're the one always treating me to things so i was just repaying that. are you moving in with mollie then? i'm sure it'll look great hung up in that apartment."