051; keep your promise

third person.

"you are insane."

"i panicked," mollie shrugged, closing the car door and walking over to where dawn had sat herself.

the girl had drove herself from maryland, virginia to new york, with her journey starting at around four that morning she had only arrived just past five that following evening, with many breaks along the drive before she picked up dawn from the campus she was to stay at.

and as she knew cara wasn't around, it was a perfect opportunity to talk to someone who was completely unaware of what was happening, and of course dawn would be up for going on a drive as the sun was setting.

so they found themselves at the top of a parking garage, climbing over the edge of the tall building and taking a seat on that wall, their legs dangling over the edge before mollie let out a sigh.

"they've probably reported you as missing," dawn said, breaking their silence before turning to face her, "i didn't think you had it in you to drive this far."

"yeah, this was the first place i thought of going." mollie replied, "only took me twelve hours but i got here."

"twelve?"

"yup," the girl nodded, "i would've called nicole but i don't have my phone so.."

"sorry," dawn frowned, "my dad used to be like that."

"he did?"

"mhm," she sighed, "i told him i was gay and i didn't realise how homophobic he is, i got kicked out and he took my phone away."

"do you not see your dad then?" mollie asked her.

"i do," dawn replied with a nod, "he's warmed up to it a little more but i think that's because i don't have a girlfriend so he tends to push it to the back of his mind and tries to ignore who i am."

"my mom just... she's not really fond on the idea of me knowing people that aren't her." mollie explained, turning her head back to the sunset while she shrugged.

"in the nicest way possible, your mom sounds like a dickhead," dawn said through a laugh as mollie gave her a small smile, "i just can't believe you are actually putting up with it."

"dawn that's literally why i took her car and left," mollie laughed, gesturing over to the car before she shook her head.

"i'm flattered that you drove all this way to see me," dawn smiled, "but i think you're smartest option was corbyn's mom, if i'm being honest."

"yeah i did consider turning around to go see her but then i thought my mom would've already been on the way there," mollie explained, "i didn't want to bump into her whilst i'm with her car, and besides i need to make another stop before i go back."

"where? this sounds fun."

"okay, well." she tucked her hair behind her ear before properly turning to face the girl she was sat beside, "my mom is a criminal and-"

"holy shit," dawn's mouth dropped open slightly, "you're kidding."

"i'm not sure what for," mollie threw her hands up, "but she has a stack of these wanted posters so i'm assuming she took the ones she saw down, but she also had drugs by it."

"they do posters just for drug dealing?"

"that's why i think there's more to it." she told dawn, "because its not her name on the poster either, and it's for pennsylvania."

"so... what's the plan?" dawn asked her, receiving a short shrug before she glanced around.

"to run away," mollie nodded, "to not face all my problems waiting for me when i leave here."