043; you need to promise it

besson🤍i just realised u owe me a favour

besson🤍
i just realised u owe me a favour

molls🖤
since when

besson🤍
bc u didn't reply to me for two weeks

besson🤍
u owe me

molls🖤
fine what do u want

besson🤍
uhmmm a cuddle sounds nice

molls🖤
corbyn i cant

besson🤍
just one

besson🤍
please🥺

molls🖤
no we said strictly just friends

besson🤍
just one then i promise just friends

molls🖤
okay fine i'm coming over

besson🤍
yesssss

––––

third person.

walking into corbyn's bedroom, mollie placed down her car keys before turning to face the boy who was already comfortable under his bedsheets, a smile on his face as he looked at her.

"i don't even remember me saying i owe you for not replying to your texts," mollie shrugged as the boy shook his head.

"you don't, but you're forgetful so my plan worked." he replied, holding his bedsheets open for her as the girl placed her hands on her hips before rolling her eyes, "oh please, i haven't been able to have a nap in forever."

letting out a sigh, mollie walked over to his bed and placed her phone on the table beside it, climbing in and shuffling closer to the boy before she cuddled into him, her head resting in the crook of his neck and her arm draped across his chest.

and while they were in a comfortable silence, corbyn placed his bedsheets around them both as his arms wrapped tightly around the girl, placing a kiss on her cheek before his hand gently rubbed up and down her back.

"have you eaten today?" corbyn asked her as she replied with a nod, "i can hear your stomach."

"shut up," she replied before hearing him laugh slightly, "i had lunch."

"not breakfast?"

"i didn't wake up in time for breakfast," mollie told him as he slowly nodded, his laughing dying out before he sighed, "you seem sad."

"i just don't like this," corbyn said as mollie lifted her head up to look at him confused, "this feels like the end of us for good."

"it isn't the end of us," mollie shook her head, "you know i'll come back to you, i always do."

"but it feels different," he replied, "strictly just friends? you've never wanted that."

"i just need time," mollie told him as he frowned, "no matter how this ends, i'm always here for you and i'm always going to love you, it doesn't mean i don't love you anymore."

"mollie-"

"i need to focus on myself first and figure out what i want," she continued, gently cupping his face as tears filled in his eyes, "but we'll always be best friends, and that's what i need right now. i need you to be my friend."

"i can't," he shook his head while watching a frown appear on the girl's face.

"corbyn i can't commit to us right now," mollie said, wiping the tears falling down his face as hers began to do the same, "but as soon as i'm ready, i'll come
back to you."

"you promise?" corbyn asked, holding up his pinky finger as mollie looked at him slightly confused, "you need to promise it."

"i thought we didn't do promises." she furrowed her eyebrows as the boy sat himself up, still staring at her and holding his finger out.

"after you focus on yourself and you're in a much better place and we've had time, promise you'll come back to me." he raised his eyebrows slightly, his breathing slightly uneasy and wiping his eyes with his free hand, "mollie c'mon."

"but we don't-"

"i need you to."

"do you not trust me?"

"i don't want to get my hopes up," he told her as she gave him a small nod, connecting her pinky finger to his before she gave him a soft, reassuring smile.

"did you want to finish our cuddle before i go?" she asked him, receiving a quick nod before the pair cuddled back into one another, the blanket being pulled over them once more.

as they fell back into silence, corbyn still continued to have his arms tightly wrapped around the girl with his head resting just above hers, his lips gently pressed against her forehead with his eyes closed.

and after a half hour had passed, the boy eventually drifted of to sleep and mollie managed to cautiously get out of his tight grip, tucking him back into his sheets before leaving one last kiss on his forehead and grabbing her phone and car keys, soon making her way out of the besson household.

despite how bad she felt about causing the boy to cry, she knew it was for the best intentions and for all the right reasons, even if it didn't seem it. and although for the next few months they'd remain as friends, the two were well aware they'd struggle to leave each other alone.

it was just relying on mollie being able to stick to her promise.

a/n

my babies :(

besties i broke my updating schedule for this again 🙄🙄

also it's my birthday tomorrow hell yeaaa let's goooo😩😩😩