005; goodnight baby

third person.

after the incident that had happened in the group chat a little less than an hour ago, mollie let nicole head home after she had come to check on the girl before leaving the house herself, making the short drive towards her boyfriend's.

and upon arriving, she walked up the driveway and knocked on the door, hoping for corbyn to answer so that she could talk about what was said, yet a slight look of surprise when she was shortly confronted by saskia.

"hi saskia," mollie smiled slightly, "is corbyn here?"

"he went on a walk," saskia replied as the girl's smile fell, "about half an hour ago."

"do you know where he went?" mollie asked, receiving a shake of her head, "oh, alright."

"he won't be far." she shrugged, "he helped me with dinner and told me he was going out, but he didn't take his car."

"okay.. i'll go look around for him." she slowly nodded, thanking saskia before quickly walking back to her car.

getting back into the driver's seat and putting her keys into the ignition, the girl grabbed her phone and called corbyn's number, putting on her seatbelt before she pulled away from his house and headed down the street, her next destination being the field.

the nerves only kicked in about her worry for the boys safety when he had declined her call rather than letting it play out. mollie then took a deep breath before deciding to try call him one more time.

and once it was declined yet again, she pulled up at the field and parked underneath the only working light in that parking lot, getting out of her car before looking onto the field.

a sigh of relief eventually escaped the girls lips when her eyes caught the figure of a boy sitting just at the bottom of the hill, immediately beginning to make her way over to him despite how nervous she was about confronting the boy.

"hey," she called out, placing her hand on his shoulder before sitting down beside him, "you declined my calls..?"

corbyn slightly shrugged, slowly turning to look at her before he glanced down at her hands, "you're shaking."

"i just.." the girl paused, "i just got a little worried about where you were."

he nodded, turning his head back to the grass he was sat on as mollie looked at him, a small frown on her face.

"hey, you're not controlling." mollie told the boy, grabbing ahold of his hand and stroking it with her thumb, "or possessive."

"i am possessive." he argued, "but i don't want you to get hurt."

"i know but-"

"i ask where you are all the time so i know you're safe, or who you're with because i don't want you to be in the hands of someone who will fuck you over." corbyn interrupted mollie, a mumble as he spoke, "i don't want to risk losing you, i just want you safe."

"i know." mollie sighed, "you need to stop letting their comments get to you, they don't know anything so their comments shouldn't mean anything to you."

"you know i won't hurt you, right?" corbyn looked at her, a frown visibly on his face as mollie gave him a nod, "i won't belittle you, i won't invalidate your feelings, i won't ever lay a hand on you in any way that could harm you, my biggest fear is you getting hurt."

"of course i know that."

"good," he mumbled, looking back at the ground before the couple fell into a state of silence.

placing a kiss on the boy's shoulder, mollie kept her gaze on the boy who seemed to in his thoughts to keep a conversation flowing with the girl sat beside him, the frown that was once one his face had now turned into a blank stare while mollie closely watched him.

"are you walking home?"

"mhm," he nodded.

"...do you want me to drop you home?" she asked him, placing another kiss on his shoulder as he shrugged, "baby?"

"if you want to, i don't care." corbyn replied.

"i don't want you walking back by yourself if you're upset," she told him, standing up and keeping a hold of his hand, "c'mon."

as the boy stood up, the couple made a slow walk up the hill and to mollie's car, both of them getting in each side before putting on their seatbelts, still in a somewhat comfortable silence.

and whilst corbyn sat in the passenger seat of the car, his hand intertwined with mollie's while the girl's thumb continued to rub against his hand, his face still held no emotion and he still refused to have a conversation with her.

"i love you," mollie told him, making the journey back to his house as he nodded, "i don't say it often but i love you a lot, and you know that."

"mhm."

"you're a good boyfriend," she continued, "even if people say you aren't or they make stupid little comments, you're an amazing boyfriend."

corbyn continued to stay quiet, hearing the girl in the drivers seat let out a small sigh before she eventually went silent, unsure of if her words were being any help to him or not.

after another five or ten minutes in the car together sat in silence, mollie pulled up outside of corbyn's house and watched him take off his seatbelt and open the car door.

"not even a kiss?" mollie asked, a slight hint of worry in her voice as the boy turned to face her whilst letting out a small sigh.

gently grabbing the girls face with one of his hands, corbyn placed a small kiss on the girls lips that lasted for less than a few seconds, pulling himself away again yet keeping his face less than a few inches away from hers.

"goodnight," he whispered, leaving one soft kiss on her cheek before getting out of mollie's car, slowly
making the walk up the driveway.

mollie frowned, noticing the slouch in his walk and the droopy eyes on her face before she had mumbled to herself, "goodnight baby."

a/n

now.. :(