070; i dont trust her

third person.

once the friend group returned from la, that following saturday their collectively decided to go to a party just a couple blocks away from their neighbourhood, deciding to use that night to spend time together again without having a couple people missing.

and yet, although they were all sat together on one of the couches, trying their hardest to make space for everyone, all engaged in a conversation about their funny moments together there was still mollie sat there with her arms folded, zoned out with her gaze straight ahead of her.

"remember when corbyn fought jonah," daniel said, the group collectively laughing as jonah shook his head and frowned.

"it has to be bought up every time," jonah replied, "it is so embarrassing for me."

"because you're weak?" corbyn smiled at him, receiving a glare in response before he laughed slightly.

"fight right now," jack suggested, grabbing his phone to open up his camera, "let's see who is still the strongest."

"let's not," zach interrupted them, pushing jack's phone down, "no fighting."

"i still think corbyn would win," charlie shrugged, "sorry jonah."

"at least my girlfriend will back me up," jonah said, glancing over at olivia who slowly nodded before scratching the back of her neck, "olivia."

"fighting people isn't your thing," she mumbled, "i think you have the strength for it but you don't fight people, corbyn does."

"used to," he held his hands up, "not anymore."

"but you would if you got given the chance," nicole raised her eyebrows as the boy quickly nodded before laughing.

"nic," jack called out, earning the attention of the girl before he nodded his head towards where mollie was sat, a concerned look on his face.

as nicole turned her head towards mollie, a frown soon grew on her face before looking back over at jack, who held up his car keys as a suggestion to help.

and so while the rest of the group drifted off into a different conversation, nicole replied to jack with a nod before shuffling over to mollie and knocking her out of her thoughts,

"do you want to go home?" nicole asked her, forcing a smile on her face to hide the worried expression as mollie gave her a small nod, "okay."

"we're going to head home," jack told the group, getting up off the couch as they all turned to look at him, "nic has to be up early so.."

"okay," charlie replied.

"does mollie need a ride home then if you're leaving now? you bought her here so-"

"no she's coming with," nicole interrupted corbyn, who let out a sigh before he nodded and watched the girl walk off with nicole and jack before turning back to the group.

walking to jack's car, the boy held onto nicole's hand with mollie walking a few steps behind them, the trio eventually getting into his car.

"where am i dropping mollie off?" jack looked at his girlfriend, "your house?"

"hers," nicole replied, "that was a stupid question."

"it wasn't." jack shook his head, pulling away from the party as he sighed, "mollie was that a stupid question?"

"yeah," she said, "a little."

"see," nicole nodded, "stupid question."

"okay next question, can we get food?" jack asked, stopping at a red light as he turned to look at the girl beside him, "say yes."

"if you pay."

"great, mollie did you want any food?"

"i'm good." she told him, glancing up at the boy to notice his eyebrows raised, "what?"

"a drink?"

"i'm fine."

"ice cream? what do you like i-"

"babe," nicole mumbled, "let it go, the light is green."

"okay well we can drop you off before we get food," jack shrugged, turning back to the wheel before continue with the car journey back to mollie's house.

after another ten minutes or so in the car, mostly in silence to avoid any awkward small talk with the girl sat in the back of the car, jack eventually pulled up outside of mollie's house before nicole turned to look at the girl.

"is max home?" nicole asked her.

"he's on a date with astrid," mollie replied, grabbing her phone and opening the car door.

"are you gonna be alright?" she asked, undoing her seatbelt as jack glanced at her confused.

"yeah," she nodded, closing the car door and walking up the driveway while nicole watched her do so.

"your seatbelt needs to be on for me to drive," jack told the girl, not receiving a reply as he looked over to notice her still watching mollie, "nic."

she soon sighed before grabbing her purse from the side of the car, handing jack a twenty dollar bill before placing a kiss on his cheek followed by a smile, "treat yourself to dinner."

"what are you-"

"i don't trust her by herself tonight." she quickly told him, getting out of his car before following mollie up the driveway.

"unbelievable," jack mumbled to himself, a smile on his face as he shook his head before pulling away from the house and beginning to make his drive home, while the two girls walked through the front door.

a/n

ten chapters 😩

does anyone have any theories for the end of the book or?