[8] Phone Case

(Some of the things, they brought.)

Third Person POV

"Did Alex give you the phone, sweetheart?"

It had been five minutes since they left the mansion. Lexi and Jake were sitting at the back with Lexi looking outside the window, staring at the new country.

She turned towards her father, and the small smile on her face disappeared as she nodded her head, "Yes. He did."

"Have you brought it with you?" He asked making eye contact with her through the rearview mirror before focusing his gaze on the road

Her hand went inside her jeans pocket as she took the phone out, "Yes." I don't think I had much of a choice.

"You don't have the phone cover, do you?" He asked, his tone a little softer than normal tone when he noticed the different emotions her eyes showed when he asked about the phone. A total change in her mood.

"Ugh, No." She shook her head

Jake stared at her phone kept between them, "Can I add my phone number?" He asked

Lexi nodded surprised, "Yes, of course."

"Let's buy you some phone cases then, what do you both think?"

Her gaze snapped to her dad. Phone cases sound good, right? It would even prevent the phone from breaking if someone throws it. Her fists clenched shut, what in the world was she thinking? She has to forget what happened this morning, she has to.

"Jake?" She slightly tapped his arm, "where's your phone?"

He passed his phone to her, "here." And then kept her phone in the middle of them on the car seat, "My phone number is already in there."

She stared at his phone case before nodding, and returning it to him, "thanks."

She turned her head towards her dad, "I think we can buy some phone cases. Jake is in desperate need of one."

Jake picked up his phone surprised, "No, I think this is fine."

"From where does it look 'fine' to you?" She asked pointing towards it.

Jake shook his head, "It doesn't look that bad."

Rolling her eyes, she snatched the phone from his hands and took the phone out of the case. Keeping the phone between them, she showed it to him, "Does it look good to you?"

A wide-eyed Jake, stared between her and the phone case, "I mean, it's not that bad."

"Its color is fading from the sides, and it has these white scratches." She spoke but still Jake didn't look convincing

She huffed, and without turning she just threw the phone case at the back of the car. "Yeah, now you don't have one."

As a whiplash, Jake turned towards the back of the car. His phone case was now somewhere in the trunk of the car. He sat back down and stared at her, totally surprised.

"Now, you will also buy with me, right?" She asked staring at him as if she just didn't throw something

"I never said I'll not buy," Jake said, trying to get a hold of his surprised self