13

He had been asleep for a very long time now, maybe even longer than he had intended to. The past few weeks had been so hectic that he barely had the time to have a proper sleep, and when he woke up now, he wasn't so surprised to see the evening glow of the sun peeking through his curtains. He groaned and rubbed his hand absentmindedly on his eyes, sitting upright even though so lazily that he wished he could go back to sleep. But then he had to pray and eat and maybe watch a movie to refresh his brain.

Directly, he went to the bathroom. He could hear his phone, even though silently, ringing from his room but he didn't mind whoever it was. Today was a day he was going to treat himself to some nice things and just relax for the weeks or a month of nonstop flight throughout the world. He came out with the towel lazily wrapped around his waist and when the call came through again, he smiled when he saw that it was First H.

And it was a video call. He picked it up with a smile and positioned it so he could do all his after bath ritual while conversing with his twin, who he had missed so much. He was thinking of going back home, he had missed them all. But he knew deep down the reason he wanted to go back home was because of his Twin, he missed him so much. "If I had known it was you, I would've come out of the shower without bothering to even clean myself." He said with a lazy grin and didn't realize Nadia was beside him until she shrieked and pulled away from his hold.

"You should've taught your Twin not to pick calls when he's not properly dressed, Twin!" She whined and rolled her eyes. Even though she had moved away so she couldn't see him, he could see her behind Hassan as she pouted her lips, fanning her face with her hands as though seeing him almost naked had made her hot.

He chuckled. Maybe it wasn't just Hassan that he had missed, he missed his crazy wife as well. But wait, she had added some weight, didn't she? "First H, can you please tell your nagging wife to slim down? What's with the weight each time she appears in our video call?"

They had kept it a secret from him, and it had been two months since when they knew that she was pregnant. Hassan wanted to tell him in person, because he felt like no one could be more happy about this news like Hussain would, and so he kept his bustling joy within him. When it was evident that Hussain didn't have the plan of coming home anytime soon, he decided that maybe he would visit him himself.

"Singleton, Second H wants you to slim down, will you want to reply him while I bring out the surprise I have for him?" She didn't want this surprise, because she didn't want Hassan to leave her sight. Even though she knew that he couldn't stay long with him, even if not for her but because of his work, she still didn't want him to leave. But she had seen how he had struggled to get a visa and when he did, she had never seen him so excited. He legit spent the whole day talking about how Hussain would feel when he saw him after almost a year.

"Yes, sure. But it's no longer a surprise if you do, Twin." She chuckled at the baby grin that spread across his face and collected the phone, rolling her eyes at a now clothed Hussain. He looked dashingly handsome, as her husband would, if he had just come out from a shower. She didn't mind whenever she felt that Hussain looked handsome or he did something that was cute to her, she felt that it was because he had the face of her husband. Seeing him and finding him attractive was like finding her husband so, which was a good thing, if she was asked.

"So what if I've added weight?" She loved it more when they quarrel, when she could see that her words were diving right into his heart and he would do all he could not to say something so hurtful that could further strain the feeble relationship they had. It was more like a forced relationship. They both loved Hassan.

"If you keep on going this way, you'd look no less of an elephant in a few months."

She chuckled and acted as though his words didn't hit the right nerve. "Oh, how majestic an elephant is. Have you seen Mufeeda of recent? Or perhaps she didn't send you her picture? Your wife to be, oh my husband's twin, is as well on her way of looking just like the elephant you dare think of. Perhaps, we could slim her down a bit, since her lovely groom to be is obviously not into the chubby league, which is a loss to him, if I was asked."