CHAPTER 28 Walks in the Sky

I park the car in the lot connected to the small, cozy restaurant near Seoul Skygarden. The sun is still up, making it too early a time for dinner and too late for lunch, but I had promised a meal to the boys and there is no way I could get out of it.

I wait by the car, confirming with Edward that they would be reaching in a minute. It was just before noon that I received a text from Edward asking if I was free this evening. The boys had a schedule in the morning and afternoon and they were craving something delicious. So, they had decided to cash my promise of a treat today.

A black minibus arrives in the lot, unloading the eleven members and their 2 managers. Seeing me leaning against the car, Jun and Rian rush towards me, followed by other members.

"Noona! How have you been?" Rian asks, hi-fiving me in greeting. I pat Jun on the shoulder and nod-smile at other members.

"I'm good, I'm good. How are you all?" I ask. Seeing Ji Soo leaning against Min Jay, concerned I say, "You all seem tired."

Yoo Jin stands with his hands behind his back, feet apart, and answers, "We had an early morning shoot."

Baek Ha nods and shaking his hands he says, "Mi Rae-ya, I'm really sorry but we're really hungry. I feel like we're about to eat our own clothes if we don't get to eat anything now."

I smile sadly, "Aw, then let's not stand out here. Let's go inside." I motion for them to go first. The restaurant is small but famous for the tasty food. I show the hostess our reservation and soon we are shown to our large table. I ask the managers to join us too since they might be hungry too.

When I'm about to sit beside Yoo Jin, a hand catches my arm. I look back as Edward moves me to the other side of the table. He wordlessly sits me between himself and Seung Jae.

"What is it?" I ask Edward, amused.

"Sit beside me." He whispers.

Ok then. Others take their seats, not noticing our exchange. The server asks for our order and everyone in unison looks at me. I can't help but laugh at the sudden attention. "Eat as much as you want. Order a lot." I say seeing their faces brighten as they choose from the menu.

Seung Jae smiles beside me, "You shouldn't have said that. These are 13 growing men you are feeding."

I shake my head sighing, "Should have reminded me that before I said anything."

He and Edward laugh at my sad attempt at a joke but others are busy ordering anything and everything from the menu. As we wait for the food, the boys tell me how they have been preparing for their first full album.

Baek Ha and Min Jay tell me about their activities, Su Hwan and Jae Hyuk complain about being too busy. Ji Soo and Song Woo tell me how hard it is to get time to eat due to the practice and recording schedule. Apparently, most of them are heading back to the recording studio after this meal.

I feel sad and helpless hearing them. My brother was the same right after the debut. Yoo Jin sighs tiredly, "You must have been busy too. We haven't seen you since the debut conference. Not even for Me4U shoots."

I had told Edward of getting another project and not being able to come for shoots and I'm surprised that Edward has not shared it with his members yet. I look at him confused but he just shrugs and blinks at me. I press a hand to my neck. "It's not as tough as yours," I say nodding, "but I'm working on another project too. It's a bit tiring."

"Another project?", Min Jay asks. "Are you working with another group?"

I shake my head, "No, it's not that." I explain in short about working for the 25th-anniversary concerts. "I have to work with the teams in different time zones. That's why I was free today. I have a meeting at 9:30 pm with the Paris-based team."