CHAPTER 23 Hide and Seek

How much does it hurt to soar up in the sky and then suddenly drop on the ground? You will have to ask a shot-down bird. Or you could ask me. Yesterday couldn't have gone better, not only did we attend the 'Cool Kids' fan sign and I got to touch their members' hands, but while driving back Hyo Ra informed me that she's putting her apartment on sale. Since she is still looking for a place near her studio, she would be staying with me! Yay!

And then... today happened. I and my team were completely organized for our meeting with Gwajangnim, we presented all our material just as we had planned. I could tell just from the satisfied smile on her face that she was impressed by our job. And then...

"Byun Teamjang, I have to commend you. You have done a wonderful job at planning and the way that this project with Me2U is going, I know that the result would be even better." Mrs. Soe praises making me dance internally. I'm popping the bottle of Champaign in my mind when she continues, "Now that I can see your working style, I have a perfect project in mind for you."

I'm taken aback, another project? Already?

I voice my thoughts asking, "Another project, Ma'am? But we haven't finished the Me2U project yet."

She nods splaying her hands on the table. "Yes, it's ongoing and you will still be working on it. But this isn't the only project your team will work on. Me4U is a long-term project, if it works well then it could go on for years." She tells us.

I nod slowly at her explanation and ask, "So we would be working on two projects at a time? Won't it be stressful for the writers?" I look at Si A who is sitting opposite me and I can tell it is one of her worries too.

Mrs. Soe looks at the writers on my team and then back at me. "This next project won't require much time from your writers. It would be more of the work for you Byun Teamjang," she explains in a soft voice.

"For me? What would I do without my team?" I ask, concerned. It's not like I can actually write content as they do; my literary skills are limited to essay writing in high school.

My boss chuckles looking at my scared face, "They would still be helping you but as a Content Manager, the majority of work will be your responsibility. You will have to work with lots of other teams and departments such as A&R to do your job."

Work with A&R? What can it be? Curious I ask, "What is this project?" My team tries to be nonchalant but I can tell that Hee Su and everyone else is interested too as they subconsciously lean in to listen.

Mrs. Soe smiles at our curiosity and finally tells us, "It is one of the most anticipated events of our company. It is... the 25th-anniversary concert."

My eyes widen and I blink stupidly. "25th-anniversary concert? Isn't that a really important project?" I asked unsure of how to respond or react. This concert would be the biggest in the History of GEN!

My boss nods and claps once, "Yes! And you don't have to worry, there would be a lot of people helping you out. The most important thing is the CEO, Mr. Kim himself will be very much involved in planning the concerts."

My neck cracks as I turn to face her, "Concerts?" I ask startled. "You mean more than one?"

She nods enthusiastically as if it is the greatest thing in the world. "Aha! Yes, of course! There will be one here in Seoul, then in seven other countries where GEN has a strong fanbase. That is another reason for choosing you for this project." She tells me as if that explains everything.

"Because you are fluent in English and Mandarin." Si A explains to my numb brain.

Mrs. Soe nods with her and expands her point, "Your resume said you can also speak basic French and Hindi. The concerts would be held in Korea, New York, London, Taipei, Hong Kong, Paris, Melbourne, and Mumbai, India. You are basically born for the job I would say."