The fuck? What did you do with my best friend? Call me when you return that body to its owner.

I clamped my mouth shut to hold back from laughing and quickly excused myself to give her a call. Thanks to the directions from a few of the staff on duty, I found another garden beside the house, and it had a small bench in the corner to sit.

I sat on the bench, suddenly aware of how breezy it had become then called Celine. She picked up on the first ring.

"Okay, what the fuck," she yelled as she picked up. "You are in a freaking dress, how many time have I tried to get you to wear one,"

"Hello to you too, I'm great thanks for asking," I said drily.

"That's not the point. What charm did that dude use to get you to wear that, also you look simply sexy," she said dramatically.

"Actually it's not supposed to be sexy, because I'm here at his parent's country home." I laughed.

"And that brings us to our second topic," she said excitedly, "How did it go? I hope no one was an asshole to you. You know I'll be right there if they did."

I let out a long laugh because I knew just how true that was. "Nope, I think I have fallen in love with them already,"

"I thought you were supposed to be in love with the man before his family, times have truly changed," she said feigning seriousness.

"I am not letting you take this conversation south," I laughed, "the family is everything you can dream of having in a family. Plus there's a cute little toddler, she's Lucas's niece, and she is just the sweetest."

"Are you sure you don't have baby fever?"

"I just might," I chuckled, "tell me about you, what's up with you."

"Oh shit, girl I am not even meant to tell you this over the phone but fuck it," I could hear the excitement in her voice, and I knew this was going to be good.

"Tell me," I said in a matching tone.

"I'm going on a trip with Alex," she screamed.

"Omg, when, how, where, also I thought you hated trips?"

"Would you calm down," she said in amusement, "I'm glad I have that off my chest, but I cannit tell you anything else until we meet up again."

"You know I'm going to die of the wait, please tell me," I groaned.

"That's what you get for your actions the last time I visited." there was a shuffling sound on her end of the phone, and I could hear the muffled sound of someone talking, or kissing, it was followed by a giggling sound from Celine and I realized which it was.

"Gross girl, I'm right here," I cried in mock annoyance.

"Be thankful you cannot see us right now. Do you want to get back to your party now, or you want to have the party right here—wink."

"Disgusting," I said laughing before ending the call.

I was still smiling about how crazy my best friend was when a warm palm crawled up my neck. I jerked up in surprise and dropped my phone as I turned around to see who it was.

"Fuck you scared me," I breathed in relief as I saw the handsome and familiar face.

Lucas chuckled and turned around to pick my phone, before joining me on the bench. He sat so close, making sure to only leave a little space between us. "I looked everywhere for you," he held out a mug of coffee for me.

"Oh...um thanks," I took it from him, "I was talking to Celine."

"Hmm," he nodded. "So did you have a good day?"