Class Trial #1: Makoto's Innocence

(3rd Person's POV)

CLASS TRIAL...ALL RISE!

Monokuma: Let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial! So, your votes will determine the results. If you can figure out "whodunnit" then only they will receive punishment. But if you pick the wrong one... then I'll punish everyone besides the blackened, and the one that deceived everyone else will graduate!

Sora tilted her head in confusion, knowing something was clearly wrong.

Sora: ...What happened to the writing style? It's supposed to be quoted, isn't it? And...the narration isn't supposed to be italic. Or aligned that way.

Monokuma: Puhuhu...oh, that? Well, our dear little author thought it would be easier for her to do the Class Trials in this style. What, did you really think she was gonna spend all that time with the quotes and extra words?

Sora: Oh. Makes sense.

Makoto: Anyway...the killer is really one of us, right?

Monokuma: Of course!

Taka: Okay then...everyone close your eyes, and whoever did it, raise your hand!

Mondo: Don't be a goddamn idiot. Why the hell would they raise their hand?

Kyoko: Before we move on and start the trial, can I ask a question real quick?

She looked at the portraits of the now-deceased Sayaka and Junko with X's on them.

Kyoko: What's going on with...those pictures?

Monokuma: I'd feel awful if they got left out just because they died. Friendship penetrates even death's barrier!

Hifumi: Friendship...penetrates?

Celeste: Okay, but what about that other empty seat?

The gambler's gaze was fixed on a seventeenth seat that no one was in.

Celeste: There were only sixteen of us to begin with, so why are there seventeen seats?

Monokuma: Oh, no reason. It's just that out little courtroom here can technically fit up to seventeen people. Okay, that about does it for the preamble. Get ready to get started! First up is the case summary. Now, let the class trial...begin!

Makoto had a serious expression on his face. It's about to begin--the debate to decide who they think the killer is... Anything he found, anything he noticed... He has to be ready to speak up about anything. Because this isn't just about him. Everyone's lives are on the line!

---

NONSTOP DEBATE: MAKE YOUR ARGUEMENT!

Taka: I assert that the one who was murdered was Miss Sayaka Maizono!

Hiro: ...Yeah, we know that part already.

Byakuya: And the murder took place in Naegi's room.

Hina: In the bathroom...

Chihiro: So it seems most likely that... The killer must have taken her by surprise while she was in the bathroom. She didn't even have a chance to resist...

Makoto's Truth Bullet: Evidence Of A Struggle

"NO, THAT'S WRONG!"

---

Makoto: Just a second, Fujisaki. Try to remember how my room looked... With the way things had been damaged, I think we can definitely assume there was a struggle.