14- 'Gosh, that was embarrissing'

Morganas POV
     Keep your cool Morgana, it's just Marley. I shake out my arms as a last attempt to get rid of my nervous energy before knocking on the door. I was greeted by the familiar face of Miss Rose.
"Marley is almost finished getting ready, come and wait inside." She seems excited.
"So uh... how's work been?" I mentally face palm. I should be able to talk to her like a normal person.
"Don't be so nervous. You have a high chance of being my favorite lesbian depending on how Marley decides to label herself."
"So your daughter is my only competition. I like my odds."
We continue our small conversation before we hear something falling down the stairs. We soon see Marley walk into the room, looking a little frazzled as she fixes her hair.
"I'm assuming you were what fell down the stairs?" I ask with a teasing smirk as she blushes.
"Maybe... in my defense I only had one shoe on!"
"You're not even wearing heals sunshine, that excuse isn't gonna work."
"Can we just leave? I don't wanna dig myself into a deeper hole."
"Make sure to have her back by 10:00." Her mother says with a pointed look.
"Have I ever gotten her home late? And the other day doesn't count, I didn't drive her here."
Miss Rose just laughed, "Have fun girls."
"We always do." Marley reassures before grabbing my hand and leading me out the door.
"So wanna tell me the real reason you fell down the stairs?"
"I didn't want you waiting forever so I might've skipped a few steps..." Marley blushes as I open her door.
"So I was the cause of the great tumble."
"The great tumble? Seriously?"
"Did I stutter?"
"Gosh, you're so weird."
"Better believe it Rose." I smile before taking off to our destination.
***
Considering it was Marleys first date with another girl I opted for something more casual. So here we are at a bowling ally. It's a casual date where we can have lots of laughs.
"Your shoes milady." I smile handing her, her pair, "What weight do you want?"
"Uh, five or six pounds should be good." She smiles slipping off her shoes, "Thank you."
I go over to bowling balls then pick a six pound ball and a eight pound before heading back over to our lane.
"Fair warning, I used to be a master at bowling." A smirk playing in my lips as I set everything up.
"Well I suck, so bumpers would be much appreciated."
"Got it." I type in our names and add the correct settings, "Prepare to get served sweetheart."
I pick up my respected bowling ball and line up for my shot. I got a spare for my first turn which isn't too bad. Marley grabbed her ball next, her hand placement was a little funny.
"You're holding it wrong." I point out casually.
"Am not?" Market states as more of a questioned she looks down at her hand.
"When was the last time you went bowling?"
"A few years? I think... okay maybe like a lotta years."
I breath out a laugh as I stand and grab my own ball, "Just hold it like this."
Marley carefully copied my hand placement before lining up for her shot. I light move her arm up slightly before motioning for her to take her shot. Thanks to her bumpers she knocked down a whole three pins.
"Yeah, I'm definitely not good at this." Marley jokes while laughing nervously.
"Well you got some down." I smile handing her, her ball, "Try again but with a little more power to keep it going straighter."
"Ironic that it has to go straight." Marley says casually as I burst out in laughter.
"Did you just make a gay joke? About yourself?"
"Mm... perhaps." She says with that cute smile of hers.
"I'm a proud sorta girlfriend." I say dramatically placing my hand over my heart.
     "Stop being dramatic and help me beat you."
     "Right." I smile moving to help.
     To no surprise I won, but Marley definitely improved about halfway through.
     "I honestly think I've done better than I thought I would." Marley smiles as she returns her shoes.
     "You didn't do too bad once you got your technique down."
     "It wasn't that bad at the beginning."
     "Marley, you couldn't even hold the bowling ball correctly." A smile as I open the door for her.
      "Okay fair, but I was close."
      "No you weren't."
     Marley playfully rolls her eyes as I start driving her home. She sang along to the radio as usual and I just listened. Her confidence really as improved and it's a good look on her. I've also noticed she's gained a bit more weight and is looking much more healthy. Granted I wouldn't say that one out loud, it might make her cautious again. I pulled up to her house and quickly got out so I could open her door. I walk her to her porch as we giggled about random things. I'd say Marleys first date with a girl went pretty well if I do say so myself.
     "Well, thank you for teaching me how to bowl." Marley smiles once we reach the door.
     "It was my pleasure. More so because I was still able to win."
     "Well... since you've finally taken me on a date, what are we? Because if I recall you said I might have a girlfriend once you take me out."
     "Hm... well just because you were so adorable, I'd say we're officially dating if that's okay with you."
     "I mean... if you insist."
     We smile at each other for awhile, just enjoying each other company. Granted it didn't last too long because Marleys mom opened the door.
     "Will you two kiss now?"
     "Mom! We're you listening to our conversation?" Marley squeaked with her face tinted pink.
     "Of course I was. I'm a single mother, I needed to know what was happening."
     "Well, would you mind going back inside?" I ask with an innocent smile, "Preferably to the kitchen."
     "Oh! Right." She gives us a small wave before retreating back inside.
      "Gosh, I'm so embarrassed." Marley says hiding her face with her hands.
     "You do realize I'm like best friends with your mom right? I kinda expected it." I say moving her hands.
     "That doesn't make it any less embarrassing." She grumbles with a pout.
     "She does have a point though." Morgan smiles before giving her a quick peck.
     "Well that's one thing she's good for." Marley smiles before kissing me again.
     "Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow at school. Bye darling." I say with a little wave before walking back to my car.
     Turns out the new school actually was fine. Better than fine actually. I wasn't singled out as the goth girl, and I became a slightly nicer Pendragon than before. Turns out my terrible sense of direction finally came in handy, cause I scored myself a pretty great girl. Even if she has a slight problem with apologizing too much. I'm sure it's something we can work on.

                       The End
                      For now...