6- 'What do ya say?'

Marleys POV
I was one of the first few in the choir room, which is always surprising. Most of the time Blane and Sam best me here. Sometimes Merlin, but today I beat them. I take my normal seat towards the back where I'm usually joined by Jake, Unique, and Kitty. Jake and Unique have appointed themselves as my protectors of sorts. I'm pretty sure Unique just wants me to be her and Jake just wants to ask me out. Pretty soon the other female members start rolling in, everyone sitting in their usual seats.
"Unique has an idea!" She announces as soon as all the girls are in, "All of us girls should go as a group."
"Why would we do that?" Kitty asks sounding a little more bitter than she probably intended.
"Bonding." Tina pitched in, "We can even stay the night at someone's house to get to know each other better."
"I suppose we could do that." Kitty just sounds bored, as usual.
"Fantastic! I assume Tina is already in, so Marley, what do ya say?" Unique asked practically beaming.
"Could we invite Morgana?"
"What is it with you two anyway? You guys are always around each other." Kitty casually points out as she picks at her nails.
"Kitty as a point you know." Unique wiggles her eyebrows, "Do you have a girl crush?"
"What? No, of course not, I'm just and ally. I just know Morgana doesn't have a lot of friends so I don't want her to be left out..." I weakly defend myself. I'm sure I don't have a girl crush. I'm as straight as they come.
"Alright then, Morgana can come if she'd like." Unique concludes after awhile.
The girls continue to plan around me as I stay silent for the most part of the conversation. The boys come in not long after. They look at me on their way in, almost like they all know something I don't. I do a quick count of all the members. We're one short... Mr. Shue walks in not long after the boys.
"You all did fantastic in the school musical! But now that it's over its time to move on to our next set, prom!" The room fills with cheers at the mention of the big event, "Now I'm not sure in the songs yet, but I do know I want Marley singing some major parts."
"I don't know if I could do that..." I say hesitantly, "I'm still working in my stage fright..."
"Just have that one girl–Morgana I think her name was–help you. She did that with Grease."
He does have a point. Perhaps I could ask her when I ask about going to prom as a group. As soon as the thought enters my head music starts filling the room. It's guitar Jakes usual instrument of choice. Speaking of the devil he walks in playing the song with ease. After awhile I recognize the tune. Crazy. One of my favorites. His deep voice sings the song beautifully then he makes his way towards me.
"Marley Rose, will you go to prom with me?" He asks with his usual charming smile in his face.
"Oh... Jake, it's sweet of you but I already agreed to go in a group. I'm sorry." I smile apologetically. This must be mortifying.
"Hey, don't worry about it. Guess I was too slow." He shrugs it off as he takes his seat next to mine.
Unique leans forward from her seat behind me and whispers, "You could say yes. I don't think anyone will hold it against you."
"Nonsense. I already agreed to go with the group. It's fine, they'll be other chances." I whisper back. Unique and a few others know I used to have a thing for Jake, but not so much anymore...
"Jake, we might just have to use that song for a slow dance!" Mr. Shue says enthusiastically trying to cheer the poor boy up.
***
     Lunch seems scarier than it had before. Opening night was a Friday, we had two shows on Saturday, and one Sunday. This is the first lunch since Morgana had found me. I debated not going at all, to just hide away in the bathroom. It doesn't sound too bad and it's not too late to turn around. I see everyone from glee already in the line, Morganas already seated at our usual table with Kitty. They seem to be in a pretty serious conversation. Lots of hand gestures. I chew in my lip before I ultimately decide skipping lunch would only make the situation worse. I walk past the table and the pair instantly stops talking but counting once I'm out of war shot. If only I had some sort of super hearing. I stand in the long line, dreading the meal. I thank my mom and mutter a quick I love you before I make my way over to the rest of the group at the table. Part of me hoped someone would've taken the seat next to Morgana–the seat I usually take–but there it was, open waiting for me to sit. Morgana looks at me with a challenging eyebrow raise. She's giving me the option. I can ether sit next to her and eat my lunch, or toss my tray and run. No one else has noticed me so it's not like they'd ask any questions. I take a deep breath and take my seat. I'm not gonna run today.
     "What took you so long Marley? You're normally one of the first seated." Artie jokes light heartedly.
     "I was held up in my last class finishing a test." I quickly lie. I was really just moving as slow as possible.
     "Well now that all of the girls are here we can continue planning." I mentally praise Unique for giving me a change of subject.
      "Planning for what?" Morgana asks casually stealing one of my fries I had sitting on my plate. She gave me a pointed look after that so I eat one as well. Gosh her looks are terrifying.
     "The girls are planning on going to prom as a group." Kitty mutters.
      "Are you interested in joining? You may not be in glee but you're still our friend." Tina invites her with a friendly smile.
     "I'm sure it'd be runs if fun if you were there!" I contribute, "I bet you could be the student to finally spike Sues punch bowl!"
     "As fun as all of that sounds, I'll pass. I'm not the school dance type."
     "Please." I drag out the word giving her my best puppy dog eyes, "the group won't be complete without you there."
     "Well I guess you'll just have to deal." She shrugs.
     I pout and stick another fry in my mouth as the group laughs around me. I was looking forward to laughing with her for a whole night. Plus she'd have to wear a dress and I wanna see that. I continue to pout as the girls plan. We agreed to wear cool colors like blues and greens. It's honestly a well thought out idea, I'm quite excited honestly. I'm looking forward to dress shopping. After awhile the bell rang and I ate at least half my lunch. Improvement. We all scatter as we head to our classes but Morgana holds me back for a bit.
"I am sorry I'm not going." She apologizes with a soft smile on her face.
"Don't worry about it, it's fine. It's not your fault prom isn't your thing, right?" I try to joke it off.
"How about this. I'll take you dress shopping and help you choose something hot instead, so in a way I'll still be going."
"Alright then, deal." I smile before I check the time, "I need to get to my next class, but I'll see you after school?"
"See you then." Morgana smiles, "We're gonna find you the best god damn dress this school has ever seen!"