3- 'Strawberry milkshake'

Marleys POV
Today is the dreaded day. I have to sing in front of people. Sure I can sing in front of Morgana but it's not like she's gonna be there. I've been anxious all day. I didn't even bother looking at food today. I made a fib that I had brought a home lunch and I was going to eat it in the choir room and work on my audition. I feel like I could explode from all of this nervous energy. Twenty minutes before auditions start. But here I am, pathetically sitting on the bathroom floor hunched over a toilet. I've puked twice, though it was practically clear. This can't be good. I'm gong to go on that stage and blow it. Literally. I've been feeling the need to puke all day. I push myself off my floor and slowly make my way to the auditorium. You got this Marley. You've worked hard to get over your stage fright with Morgana, so just believe. A few people auditioned, all of them sounding amazing. Then it was my turn. I was close to running back to the bathroom to hide. I saw Kitty sitting in one of the chairs watching me with a judgmental expression. Of course.
     "I must say when I saw your name I was a little surprised." Me Shue starts. This little speech definitely isn't going to help, "You've never tried for any solos in glee so I'm excited to see how this will go."
    I nod an take a deep breath. I can do this. Just before I was about to start I saw Morgana slip in the room. She sat in the back and I saw her hold up Berry and make him wave. I smiled to myself before I just went for it. I tried not to look at Kitty, but I'm pretty sure she was surprised. When I finished Mr Shue wore something down before looking up at me with a straight face.
     "I have to say I'm disappointed Marley..."
     "What?" Do I really suck that much? I thought I had done really well. I quickly glance beck to Morgana and she have me a thumbs up. Now I'm just really confused.
     "You have never auditioned for a solo when clearly you should've had most of them. Or at least some high notes somewhere in the songs." Me Shue smiles, Artie nodding right next to him.
     I feel a smile grow on my face as I make my way off of the stage. I quickly go to find Morgana and I see her standing outside of the door, holding Berry.
     "You did so good!" She bursts out immediately when she sees me. "Berry would agree, in case you're wondering." She made him nod like the other day.
     I giggle as she hands me my bear, "Thank you, but just one question. When did you take Berry?"
     "I didn't. Technically your mom did." She says slowly fiddling with her hands as she quickly adds, "This morning! But um... gave him to me during lunch so we could both surprise you by being here."
"Well that was very sweet of you."
"It's no big deal." She brushes off quickly, "But I think we should go out for celebratory ice cream!"
I-ice cream? That has a lot of carbs... I don't know if I should risk it... "We don't know if I got the part yet..."
"That may be true but did you hear him in there? You at least got a call back."
"But that's not good enough for ice cream so it's fine."
Morgana seems to freeze for a moment as her face changes. Hesitation maybe? She quickly puts on a face that looks almost like puppy dog eyes but not quite (I think I'm going to call the look the Morgana) as she continues speaking, "Come on Marley! If you won't do it for me do it for Berry!"
I look down at the bear in my arms that she gestured to. I suppose on scoop couldn't hurt... "Fine."
"Yes!" She throws her arms up in victory.
"But just to be clear, I'm doing this for Berry, not you."
"But ether way you're still going, so let's go!" She smiles triumphantly (She has a really nice smile) as she leads me to where I'm assuming her car is parked.
One fairly short walk later and I'm standing in front of a sleek black car. The inside is mainly red with hints of black here and there. It suits her really. She opens the trunk and throws her bag in the back before turning to me.
"You can ether stick your bag in the trunk with mine or you can have it up in the front with you."
I quickly place my bag in the trunk wanting as much leg room as possible as Morgana moves to my side of the vehicle and opens the door. I give her a confused look before she gestures for me to enter.
"I can open my own door." I say jokingly as take my seat and she closes the door behind me.
She quickly goes to her side getting in, "I know. But it's really just proper manners."
"But it's also typically done by men." I point out as she starts the car.
"And tops." She says simply.
"Excuse me?"
"Tops. Ya' know? Like people who are on well... top... more dominant I guess.
"Oh..." I nod slightly. It make sense that she'd be a top. "What do you call someone who's less dominant?"
"Bottoms." She nods proudly. "And of course their are different stages–I guess you could call it–of being a bottom. There's like a power bottom, pillow princess, and of course a switch."
"And what would I be?"
"Bottom, no question."
"I feel like most people would be offended by that, but you're probably right."
We both laugh as we fall into a comfortable silence. We drive for about five more minutes before Morgana pulled up to a small dinner.
"Now before I unlock the car, I need you to promise not to open your door." Morgana says looking at me seriously.
"Okay...?" I nod slowly.
She put her car into park causing the doors to automatically unlock. She quickly gets out as I stay seated as I was told. Morgana makes her way around the car and opens my door again.
"I should've seen that coming."
"You really should've. I was expecting you to open your door and get out anyway."
I roll my eyes playfully as I step out, Morgana closing the door behind me. She quickly locks her car and we make our way inside (in case you're wondering, yes she opened the door for me)
"What kind of ice cream do you want?" She turns to me as we wait in line.
"Vanilla is fine." I reassure with a smile.
"Okay well vanilla may be fine, but what kind of ice cream do you want? Not whatever is cheapest."
"Um... a strawberry milkshake with extra sprinkles and whipped cream?"
"Alright perfect. Go find a seat while I order."
I just smile and nod as I survey the area before seeing a small booth tucked away in the corner. I make my way over sitting down. I'm small enough that I was able to pull my knees to my chest hugging Berry as I wait silently. Shortly after Morgana made her way over to the table and sat opposite to me.
"So I ended up deciding I wanted an actual meal instead it f just ice cream. I got you some actual food too, but I had to guess. If you don't like anything you don't have to eat it."
"Oh..." I mumble slightly surprised. Morgana is nicer than 90 percent of the guys I've gone on dates with and this isn't even a date, "Thank you. How much did it cost so I can pay you back?"
"Not telling."
"Why not? I can't let you pay for a meal." More so considering the chances of me finishing it is low. I of course said that in my head.
"Ah But you can and you will. This is my treat."
"I-" I was about protest before she raised an eyebrow causing me to shit my mouth.
"That's what I thought." She smiles triumphantly as a waiter came out holding my milkshake and what seems to be a Dr. Pepper for Morgana. I make sure to say a thank you to them before they left going back behind the counter.
"Are you sure I can't even pay for half my meal?"
"I'm sure. Now shut up and drink your milkshake." She says in a joking tone as she sips her soft drink.
Conversation flowed easily as usual. It's nice not having to worry about saying something weird I could be bullied for later. About ten to fifteen minutes later the same waiter brought out our meals. Morgana has ordered mozzarella sticks with French fries for herself, and and a hamburger with curly fries for me.
"This is actually my go to order." I comment biting into a fri.
"Really?" Morgana tilted her head with a slight smile playing on her face.
"Yeah. One can never go wrong with a classic burger and curly fries."
"Interesting."
We ate making jokes here and there, Morgana made sure to complement me more on my audition. I brushed it off like it was no big deal but I was practically jumping up and down inside. While we were talking I surprisingly ate all of my meal. I can't remember the last time that had happened, I'm normally so focused on the food itself I only eat at most half. Once we both finished our meals all too soon and Morgana made sure to throw away our trash (she refused to let me help) and we headed out. The routine was the same as before, She made sure to open any door for me before she continued moving.
"I'm just taking our home right?" She asks once we're both in the car.
"Yes please." I smile as she starts driving.
She turns on the radio and nods her head to one of the songs. I couldn't name it even if I tried. I quietly hum along finding the beat catchy. This cycle continued for the car ride. I of course sand along if I actually knew the words. Morgana eventually pulled up to my house and I was definitely a little sad. I really like spending time with her. I give her a small wave moving to open my door before she locks it.
"Um, I kinda have to get out." I giggle gesturing to the door.
"You will. You just can't open your door." She shrugs as she gets out to open my door. She made sure to grab my bag from the trunk.
"Seriously? Am I just not allowed to open doors around you?"
"That would be correct." She smiles as she waves. "I'll see you tomorrow."
"Of course."
She makes sure I get inside before she speeds off in her slick car. I see my mom sitting on the couch watching a show.
"Hey mom. How was school?" I ask plopping down next to her.
"As good as usual. How did your audition go?"
"It went well. Really well actually. Mr Shue said her wishes I had tried for some solos in glee." I beam at the memory. It gave me a huge boost in confidence.
"I'm so proud of you!" She pulls me into a hug before she lets me go.
I made sure to tell her I had already had dinner before I head up to my room. And the best part is, this time I wasn't lying about dinner. Sometimes glee would run late so I'd lie and say I already ate if I wasn't in the mood. But Morgana had actually bought me dinner. I smile at the thought. I'm not sure why but being around her makes me feeling all giddy.