8- 'You came!'

Marley POV
Today's the day. I tried to let Morgana at least let me pay for some of the dress but she of course refused. I give myself a once over in the mirror. The stern dress does suit me, more so when paired with the green heals and the makeup. I actually felt confident for the first time in awhile. I smooth down my dress for the millionth time before I got a text from Unique saying that her and the rest of the group had arrived. I look at myself in the mirror. I mentally think about what Morgana would tell me. Probably something along the lines of I look hot and I need to show the world the real Marley Rose. I smile to myself as I make my wag out to the cat that's waiting for me. Everyone is ecstatic and happily talking around me. Throughout the week Mr. Shue had me run many possible songs looking for a good solo moments. The one I'm most excited for is locked out of Heaven. A part of me is just obsessed with the song. We all get out of the car, dresses matching in a sort of way. It was like we all had an epic power walk moment going inside. We made a few boys stare, I noticed Jake was one of them. I'm sure Unique will tease me for it later.
I was one of the first kids from glee to sing. I timidly walked out on stage giving a small wave before I actually started singing. Everything went smoothly thank goodness. Out of the corner of my eye I swear I saw Morgana. I try to casually look through the crowd and that's when I spotted her. She's definitely hard to miss when she wearing the only dress she had tried in the previous week. She had a simple headband that acted almost as a crown, she looked beautiful. I couldn't help the smile that took over my face when Morgana gave me a sly smile and a little wave. As soon as I finished the song I quickly left the stage a three myself at Morgana for a hug.
"You came!" I squeak hugging her tightly.
"I figured I should at least see you preform in the dress I bought you." Morgana says light heartedly hugging me back, "Besides I had to buy this dress."
I laugh as I pull away from the hug, "You're really something else Pendragon."
"Well what's the fun in being normal?"
"I guess you have a point." I beam from ear to ear, "Now come face with me before I have to sing again."
I grab Morganas hand ignoring her protest of "I can't dance" and lead her into the middle of the dance floor. I start to jump around a little trying to get her to going me.
"Come on Morgana! You can't come all the way to prom and not have at least one dance."
"Well clearly you haven't met me."
"Well I'm very persuasive." I mutter grabbing her hands and making her jump with me, "See? Already dancing."
"Welp, no going back now." I hear her grumble before she spins me causing me to laugh.
We continued dancing and giggling, Morgana occasionally spinning me around. After about twenty minutes I had to go wait by the stage to preform again.
"I'll be right back, and no you are not allowed to leave." I say with a tiny glare but I couldn't help the smile creep up on my face.
"Damn you ruined my plan." Morgana jokes back with a smirk, "Now you need to hurry or you'll miss your song."
"Right." I give her own last smile before I start making my way through sweaty teenagers.
I still have a smile plastered on my face by the time I make it to the other girls.
"What has you all smiley?" Unique asks in a teasing time bringing all the attention to me.
"Oh, nothing. It's just Morgana did decided to come after all." I dismiss it quickly.
"Oh so you are gay after all." Kitty said it so casually....
I feel the room behind to spin. Me? Gay? That's ridiculous. Sure they've teased me about having a girl crush on Morgan, but categorizing it as just a crush is different. It's getting harder and harder to breath. I'm not supposed to question my sexuality. I'm straight. I've always been straight. I'm just an ally. I feel tears start to poke at my eyes.
"E-excuse me." I mumble still finding it hard to breath.
I walk right out of the doors that were by the stage into the hallway. I heard them muttering what they should do if I don't come back. I had another solo. The thought only made breathing harder and my hands started to shake. I remember my mom had said something about me possibly having anxiety. I start trying to take deep breaths but it only made me want to cry more. I shake out my hands trying to get some of the nervous energy out of my system. It didn't help much. I lean against the lockers lining the wall and helplessly slide down to the floor, hugging my knees to my chest. Gosh it's just so hard to breathe. That's when I hear the music for the next song start. There's no stopping the tears now.
***
Morganas POV
I see most of the glee girls walk in stage, the only two missing were Kitty and Marley... hold on, Marley left to preform with them. I quickly push my way through dumb teens and look for Kitty. I see her standing by the gym doors having a mental debate with herself.
"Where the hell is Marley?" I ask tone slightly rising as I get closer.
"Uh... I don't know. We were teasing her like we normally do and she just... left." Kitty said looking back at the gym doors, "She didn't seem to have too much of a problem with us teasing her before."
"Why didn't anyone go after her?" I scold quickly before walking out the doors.
A little ways down I see a little tiny ball of a person. I can tell from here that her breaths are heavy. I run as fast as I can in heals over to the brunette. The closer I get the more I can make out the shaky hands and silent cries. Is she having a panic attack...?
"Marls..." I speak quietly so I won't scare her. It doesn't have the effect I wanted, the girl jumped and quickly brought her head up to look at me. It's still a crushing sight to see her with tears in her eyes, "Can I touch you?"
When we were younger Arthur used to have panic attacks. Of course Uther bought the best therapy there was to kick anxiety to the curb, which had worked. But I did learn how to at least try and help someone calm down. Some people liked a comforting touch while others don't, so you always ask. Marley gives me a small nod after a moment of consideration. I gently place my hands on her knees.
"Hey, can you try and match your breaths with mine?" I start taking deep breaths as Marley tries to match, "Good girl, now can you name five things you can see?"
"I-I can see lockers..." Marleys voice is shaky. I rub my thumbs across her knees hoping it could bring a little comfort.
"Good job, four more."
"Um... I can see your hair... I can see my dress... I... I can see the floor... and I can see your crown thingy."
It did take awhile but she eventually got through all five things but her voice was significantly less shaky, "Okay good job. Can you name four things you can touch or feel?"
"I can touch my hair, I can feel you hands on my knees..." She said the first two no problem but she stopped to air a deep breath, "I can feel the lockers behind me, and I can... I can touch the floor."
"Okay, perfect. Can you name three things you can hear?"
"I can hear my breathing, the music from the dance... and um... I don't know." God she sounds like a kicked puppy.
"Hey it's okay, deep breaths. Just try and think of something." I say gently.
"I can... I can hear your breathing too..."
"You're doing great. Now two things you can smell?"
"Your perfume... and... the musty smell of the school."
"Okay last one, what is one thing you can taste?"
Marley paused for a moment just looking at me. Her breathing still slightly labored but she was definitely more calm. I waited patently, not wanting to pressure her knowing that would only make it worse.
"Your lipstick." I finally hear Marley say.
I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, "What do you me-" before I could finish my sentence I felt soft lips against mine.
Wait what's happening? Is... is Marley Rose kissing me? A very straight Marley Rose? I felt a nice warm fuzzy feeling wash over me. Marleys hand moved to gently hold my jaw. Her lips taste like watermelon with a hint of strawberries. It was sweet like her. Before anything more could happen she quickly pulls away, a look of shock in her face. Kiss over just as quickly as it started. Before I could say anything she pushes my hands off her knees almost like I had brunt her and quickly stood up. She left in a hurried fashion leaving me kneeling on the floor in confusion. What the fuck just happened?