12- 'How do I put this...'

Morganas POV
     "Um, just to warn you, Uther can be uh... prickly." That's a good word to describe him right?
"I'm sure it'll be fine. Parents love me." Oh to be as easy going as Marley.
"I'm not surprised." I smile as I step back into the house, Marley following.
     "Is this your girlfriend?" Uther asked immediately squaring out his shoulders.
     "Uh... we-well... how do I put this..." I look between Marley and Uther silently praying Marley will day something.
     "Yes? No? Maybe?" Marley says slowly, "Yeah, I actually don't know."
     Uther gave her a blank look. I could see the wheels turning in his head as he tries to decide Marleys play. He took a step closer to her and Marley looked scared for a moment before straightening up. Then Uther smiled?
     "I like this one." He says slowly, "She seems like a good influence."
     "Wait so you actually approve?" I ask and Uther simply nods, "what is happening?"
      "Don't ask too many questions Morgana, he might change his mind." Arthur said leaving the room.
     "Well then... I guess I'm gonna go to my room with Marley..."
     "Remember, door open!" Uther calls after us and I just roll my eyes.
     "You weren't joking when you said parents like you." I giggle as we enter my room, Marley moving straight to my bed.
     "I honestly don't even know why." Marley giggles pulling her legs up to her chest looking around.
     "I'm sure it has something to do with the fact you're literally human sunshine." I smile grabbing my laptop from me desk,  then a hoodie from my closet and tossing it at her, "The house is always freezing so if you get cold you can wear that or steal a blanket."
     "Oh thank you. And I'm not human sunshine."
     "You sure about that?"
     "Well... no..."
     "Well you are and there is nothing you can do to change my mind." I smile joining Marley on the bed.
     "I'll wear all black tomorrow. Don't test me Pendragon." Marley tried to wear her best intimidating look but it just made her look more adorable.
     "You might need to work on that look of yours sunshine." I smile kissing the side of her head. Probably should've asked if that was okay but she didn't seem to mind.
     I opened my laptop and started to scroll through Disney Plus. Marley pointed at The Princess and the Frog on the screen the slipped on the hoodie cuddling into my side all without saying a word. Somewhere along the movie Marley had fallen asleep. It was quite adorable. My only hone buzzed with a message from Uther saying that dinner was ready. I bit the inside of my cheek debating how I wanted to go about waking her up. I could shake her awake... I opted for a much gentler approach of kissing her head once and gently saying her name.
     "Marls, dinner is ready." I say gently causing her to nuzzle closer.
     "Mm... not hungry." She mumbles into my neck.
     "The Chances you ate lunch or breakfast are very low, so you are hungry."
     Marley just sighed but eventually sat up, "I was comfy ya know."
     "But I'm hungry, and Uther made pizza."
     "Do I have to eat something?" Marley said with an almost pleading looking.
     "I can force you to do anything, but I would feel better about your health of you did." I say kissing her head again, "I'll be downstairs, if you decide you want any food just follow the voices and you should find us."
      Marley nods so I make my leave.
                            ***
Marley POV
     I watched as Morgana left the room. I sat cross cross on her bed looking around. I had gotten a small chance to do so before but then we started watching a movie. She had dark grey walls covered in different pictures. There were a few of her in it but they were mostly ones of just people or nature. Some were strangers while others were of Arthur or even me. When did she take those? I felt my stomach grumble slightly. Morgana was right, I hadn't eaten breakfast or lunch. I chew on my debating if I should go find where everyone else is. I wrap my arms around myself and breath in. Morgana has a nice calming scent. I sigh and stand up making my way to the door. You can't go all day without eating something. I followed the sound of voices and say Arthur trying to hold Morgana back from the pizza and I just giggled.
     "Marley! Help me get the pizza!" Morgana says trying to get out of Arthur's grip.
     "Yeah thats not gonna happen. Arthur could easily crush me." I smile grabbing the smallest slice.
     "Traitor." She playfully glares as Arthur finally lets her go.
     "She's not a traitor, she's just smarter than you are." Arthur smirks moving to sit at the table.
     "Asshat." Morgana mumbles under her breath.
     "Language." Uther says calmly eating his slice.
     "How did you even hear that?!" Morgana complains sitting next to me.
     "I'm a father. I hear all."
     They all continued to batter and I just listened and laughed. I eventually check my phone and realize how late it's gotten.
     "I should get going." I smile sadly standing up.
     "I'll walk you to the door!" Morgana was quick to stand up and walk with me to the door, "I'll see you tomorrow, right?"
     "Definitely." I smile giving her a hug, "Can I kiss you goodbye?" I mumble into her neck.
     I got no response just a soft peck on the lips, "Bye." Morgana softly smiles.
     "Bye"
     By the time I got home it was well past curfew. I'm about to be in so much trouble, more so since I'm still wearing Morganas hoodie and my mom definitely thought I was at Jakes the entire time.
     I get all the way to the kitchen thinking I'm safe until my mom flips on the light switch and she's glaring daggers at me.
     "Hi..."
     "Marley Rose, where on earth have you been?"
     "Well uh... how do I put this..."