4- 'Coustume fitting"

Marleys POV
     Today is the first scheduled costume fitting for Grease. I'm excited to see what I'll look like in costume. I made sure to be extra careful with what I consumed. I had made the exception when Morgana had bought me the burger but I can't anymore. I need to make sure I fit in my outfit. Kitty also said the stage adds ten pounds and I can't take any chances. I naw in my lips as I exchange my books in my locker. It's always been a nervous habit that I really need to break. I felt a tap on my left shoulder but no one was there. I then turned to my right to see Morgana wearing a small smile.
     "Hey, Rose! Are you able to hang out after your rehearsal? I found this little ice cream parlor out twirls the edge of town and I've been meaning to try it." Morgana was always so inviting when it came to me. She has the look of a cold hearted vampire but she's actually really sweet.
     "I was planning on working on some homework when I was done, sorry." I smile apologetically. I really was sorry, I like spending time with her but she always asks to get food. But it's also incredibly hard to say no.
     "Are you sure? It'd be so much fun though." Morgana pulls out her signature pout that isn't a pout. Not fair.
     "Mmm... Fine. We can go for one hour because I really do need to work on homework." Dang it Marley. You had one thing you didn't want to do.
     "Yes! I'll see you then Marls." She smiles triumphantly as she walks elegantly down the hallway with a little wave.
I groan internally before closing my locker, "Maybe if you say you don't want something she won't get you something."
The last few time Morgana has dragged me out to get food, I'd say I wasn't hungry, she'd ask again, I'd say I didn't need anything, she'd just guess what I'd want. Ninety percent of the time she'd guess correctly so I ate it. I'd noticed I've gained a little weight from it, and I need to be as thin as possible.
***
"I'm gonna need you to suck in a bit Marley." Tina says as she tries to button my Sandy skirt.
"I am." I say with a slightly distressed tone as I try and help her.
They had bought the costumes last week with our measurements, they made a few altercations during the week and were trying them on now. Everybody else's fit, except mine.
"Hey lady's." Kitty coined out in a form fitting outfit. She looks fantastic as always.
"I thought you quit. You didn't get Sandy and you don't even like musical theater." Tina questions with furrowed eyebrows, "Marley, can you suck in any more?"
"I don't think so."
"Well you know what they say, there are no small parts just fat actresses." She says with a slight smirk directed my way, "Oops. Did I say fat? I guess I was distracted by Marleys noticeable weight gain."
I immediately turn and look in the mirror to see if kitty was right. I did look fatter than I had the previous week. I could do better, eat less, purge more, maybe I'll even start using laxatives if I have to.
"What do you mean? Marley you look fine, the skirt sizing is just off, but I'm sure I can find a way to make it work." Tina reassures. She's just lying, she's probably going to stay up all night hand making one, "We'll have you try it on next rehearsal. Just go change, rehearsal is almost over anyway."
"Yeah... okay." I say with a slight nod as I move to go change.
I walk out of the dressing room handing Tina my outfit. I gather my things and start heading to the bathroom. I have to start loosing weight now. I have to fit into that costume.
"Marley!" I turn at the sound of my name and see Morgana heading my way, "Where are you going? I thought we were going to hang out."
"Oh, yeah we are. I was just going to go to the bathroom real quick."
"Alright, I'll come with you."
"No it's fine, you can wait out in the car, I'll just-"
"Nonsense. I'm not parked where I usually am so you won't be able to find it. So I'll just come."
"O-okay." I say in a slightly shaky voice.
Morgana smiles and links our arms together as we continue our way to the restrooms. This clearly backfired. I went in, pretender to my business and left. We walked out to her car which was in fact where it was usually parked, which was weird but I said nothing.
"Oh, by the way change of plans, I kinda want to go to the mall instead. We can try the ice cream place another day." Morgana says casually half way through the drive, "You're okay with that, right?"
"Yeah that's totally fine." I smile, definitely feeling relieved. That means I won't have to eat anything.
"Fantastic. I was thinking I could get some new earrings, and maybe a new piercing."
"Is that legal? You aren't eighteen and we don't have a guardian." I say slightly pensive.
"Its legal if you know a guy. Beside Uther won't notice. Even if he did he wouldn't care."
I nod as we counting the drive in silence. As Morgana said we quickly went to Hot Topic and got some new sleek black earrings. Then we went and got her another ear piercing. It looked nice.
"Are you getting one dear?" The women who Pearce's Morgana's eat asked, "You'd look adorable with another one."
"Don't get ahead of yourself. Uther might not care, but her mother would." Morgana spoke up for me. "But thank you for doing me."
"Of course. I owed you a favor seeing you got me a date with your brother."
"Of course. Just don't expect it to go anywhere. He never seems to be able to hold a girlfriend for more than a week."
"It's a shame really. He has such a pretty face."
"A face that could be gay." Morgana says casually causing me to laugh.
"You said that far to casually. I'm assuming you've pitched the idea to him." The girl smiles.
"I have, multiple times actually."
"What was his reaction?" I spoke up. Poor Arthur. But I can definitely see where Morgana is coming from.
"He got a little angry, then went off on his date."
"You know, for being the younger one, you definitely act like you're older."
"I'm just that amazing. Plus I'm the superior gender."
We all laugh at that then say our goodbyes. Morgana drive me home, opening my doors as always. She made me promise to see her tomorrow which made me laugh at her antics. She's always good at making someone feel better. When I got home, my mom asked how my day was and I lied. I don't tell her about Kitty's comments, how my cousins didn't fit, or how I was about to go it i the bathroom and purge. I always lie, because if I told the truth she'd insist on getting me therapy, something we definitely can't afford.