She led me through the back door and I followed her in the expanse of the open field. I understood instantly that it was an inside path toward the tree house.

Every step that I was taking, I could feel my heart thumping wildly against my chest. Since my revelation about loving him, I found myself thinking a lot about him. The way he's always so kind to me. 

That day he was trying to protect me even when I took it the wrong way, his earnest laughs and smiles, our beautiful and pure kiss, the way we had fun during the art therapy. There's so much more about him that I could go on forever yet there's so much more about him that he never shows to anyone.

Once outside the tree house, Sophia quickly scurried off before sending a megawatt smile in my direction. Taking a deep breath in, I opened the wooden door and strode inside the trunk. I cringed automatically when it creaked loudly under my feet.

I could hear the distinct clanging sounds and I followed it confusedly. Moving up the steps slowly, the noises got louder. Before I knew it, I was on the landing and looking at a half naked Skye. His back was facing me while he was hammering onto a wooden cabinet, probably to fix it.

Without any conscious realization, I was gawking at him and how his back muscles flexed every time he pulled back with a soft grunt. A sheen of sweat was coating all over his muscled back. I placed my hand on my chest to calm down my erratic heartbeats, like that mere action would slow it down.

I don't know what happened next because a loud gasp escaped my lips the moment he accidentally banged his head against the same cabinet he was working on.

Skye turned around at the speed of lightning but tripped over his own feet. Feeling ashen and mortified, I quickly turned around to hide my blush and a lame attempt to conceal the fact that I was staring.

"I am sorry. I-I am really s-so sorry," I breathed and I could feel my heart lodging in my throat. Rubbing my neck, I closed my eyes shut but soon his half naked image danced behind my closed eyelids as well. My eyes had somehow taken a small sneak peak of his toned chest before I had looked away.

I heard him groaning followed by a shuffling of feet a few seconds later. My giggles were sitting on the tip of my tongue but I cupped my mouth before they could escape. "Valerie," he whispered in disbelief as if he couldn't believe I was here. "What are you doing here?"

"Um, well…" I swallowed thickly to get rid of the tension forming in my throat. I couldn't tell him the entire truth that I wanted to see him badly. However I could put Ivan's prank in front of the truck, considering he actually lied. It made me wonder why he did that. Did he talk to Skye and took the matters into his own hands by being a "cupid" or whatever?

"Yeah?" Amusement was clearly laced in his voice.

I could feel my face and neck burning in embarrassment. "Ivan said that you were drunk and asked me to come to the Bliss Rose Club. So I agreed and went there but then he told me that you'd already taken off in a cab to come back home. And then… I came to um, check up on you," I replied, still blushing from that scene earlier.

"Oh." He cleared his throat. "You can turn around," he said and I could feel him smiling.

"Did you… um-"

"Yeah, I am fully clothed now." Skye laughed and it was the same carefree laugh that I missed a lot about him.

Slowly, I turned around to see him running his hands through his hair with a really beautiful and disarming smile. His eyes trailed toward my hand on my chest and that smile turned into an even more revelling smirk. Can you please give my heart a break? It's always whining because I don't pay it enough bills to beat this fast. And the blame is on you.