Chapter 17: Suspicions

3rd Pov

Nico's eyes twitched in suspicion, the guy who looks like a model speak so kindly yet so wrong. There is something sinister about the man, and he can't help but be wary and all.

Luke stare at the little demigod, he smile kindly which was natural to him, simply because diplomacy is one of his father's domain. The boy was scrawny, onyx eyed and pale white same as the boy who had already passed out.

He skimmed the young child with good amount scrutiny, and as expected Luke recognized the boy. He quickly mended his expression, fearing that the gloomy kid that Percy accompanies notice his reaction.

"I think you might use some help from us, You are a demigod aren't you?" Luke coaxed earnestly, which rang bells in Nico's mind. "Don't worry we are too" He added to placate the situation.

"Yes, Per- Perseus need some help" Nico said reluctantly, uneasiness growing inside him. "Why are those monster following you and your friends?"

"One presence of a demigod is enough to attract monsters, and as you can see we're quite the amount" Luke explained before summoning a ambrosia from a enchanted pouch, "Here, Its the least thing we can do for you and your friend, if not for you both- the monsters will surely surprise me and my companions"

Nico stare at the guy, his suspicions and wariness slightly waning out. The guy was nice and do sound so earnest, besides demigod's help each other right? He thought. "Yeah, I barely did anything, Perseus did all the work"

"How about you join us a bit, we are staying at nearby hotel. Perseus need rest, and his wound looks fatal to me, I have some daughter of Apollo here she can help" Luke said, before signaling some of his companion's to carry Percy.

Nico wanted to reason out, but seeing the paleness of Percy's lips and the seeping wound, they have no choice at all. "Okay, I think it be nice" He said, before glaring at one of the demigoddess who cooed and squeal before patting Percy's hair affectionately.

"Don't worry about her, She's a daughter of Aglaea, It is quite normal for them to be a little too affectionate" Luke said to Nico which the son of Hades found not really reassuring, and he really doesn't know who that goddess is. "Aglaea is a goddess of beauty and all that jazz, basically a minor Aphrodite" Luke added, which add more worries for Nico.

They walk towards the exit of the mall, and Nico was sure he seen people looking at them in extreme wariness. He really can't blame them, especially that they're carrying a passed out Percy, luckily they are mostly children and maybe it's because Luke keep snapping his fingers, earning a dazed look from the passersby crowd.

"Oh before I forget, I'm Luke" The scarred demigod said, before leaving Nico alone in his thoughts.
_______________________________________________

Leave a vote and comment, I love some interaction.

Whose immortal you wanted to have interaction with Percy?