Chapter 13: Hellhole

Annabeth

Walking towards the palace with a inferior satire and a spawn of Hades is playing with my nerves. It's a relief knowing that one of us is spawn of Hades, because it might give us advantage and sense of security. Also the lord of underworld might hear her daughter more than us, but still my trust on her is barely hanging on thin threads.

Groover glance nervously at field of punishment, while Bianca just strolled casually as if she has already seen it. After few minutes a huge three headed hound welcome us, Both Groover and I stilled due to it's substantial size and huge fangs, while Bianca ordered the horrifying dog to sit and back down.

"Ho- How?" Groover bleated, he sounds surprise which made my eyes roll a little. "Of course she can. She's spawn of underworld, which means that every creature here is her subject" I explain before arching my eyebrows.

Bianca gritted her teeth which she thought I didn't see, but I'm far from oblivious and soon enough I will discover her game. I'm sure she conspired on all of this chaos, and I will expose her if necessary. Chiron have told me that there's someone special that will arrive on the camp which will grant me the chance to have a quest, but I have a feeling it shouldn't be her, it's not her.

"Daughter? What are you doing here?" A slick voice boomed across the room, intimidating enough to make my gut churn and my knees weaken.

Groover and I paled, The man was standing unnaturally tall and he emanates with power. His lips curled in to sneer as he look on me, and a blank look on her daughter while he just ignore Groover completely. Admittedly he is the godliest out of the god's we have encounter, and he has this power that made me want to submit. But I have a good resolve, I will not kneel to this foul creature of a god that end Thalia's life.

"Lord Hades-" I started, but he shushed me dramatically which made me angry.

"Daughter, Answer my questions before my patience went to gutters of Tartarus"
He bristled, as we inhaled sharply.

"Father, The oracle has lead us in here, it tells us that Zeus's master-" Bianca explained  weakly, but Hades frown deepen and turn in to scowl.

"That blasted Oracle?!" He bellowed, shaking the tavern with just his voice. "I do not steal Zeus symbol of power! Even mine was lost, Stolen!" He added with so much fiery and anger.

"My Lord, Yours is also missing?" I ask meekly, which earn his attention.

"Quite thickheaded for a daughter of Athena" He mused which made my scowl deepen. I wanted to scratch his eyes out, make him pay on Thalia's death. "Yes it is"

"Then why you don't told the god's?" I ask him bravely, since that's the only thing that he should have done.

"Zeus won't hear me, everyone favored him and will overlook my pleas if I told them. I don't scramble for attention nor care about it daughter of Athena, I can have it back without the help of fellows" He spat venomously, which sent tendrils of fear in my heart. "Besides, I'm not fond of the idea of Zeus gloating me to help him struck Poseidon down, Also their petty squabbles can be amusing at times"

"But you're -" I started but his attention was on Bianca, with a soft look on his face.

"Daughter, My helm is the biggest importance. I do not care about my brother's pettiness, but do make sure my power symbol will be return" He said, making Bianca squirm. "You will be rewarded if you do well"

"My Lord, If you don't have the Master bolt, then who?" I ask weakly, which made his eyes hollowed and fire with obsidian flame.

"Think daughter of Athena... Think" He mused, which annoys me greatly. "Also you smell death of your lot" He added, which made me stiffen as my heart constricted like it struggles to pump.

I ignore him and thankfully he vanishes on the inky shadows that swirls around him. His words struck me like a lightning, flashbacks of Percy's death played on my mind.

"You okay?" Bianca said, which startled me enough from the bad memories

"Yeah" I croaked throatily, as I groan inwardly for the show of weakness and vulnerability in front of Bianca.

We walk away from the palace with careful steps, though I did my best not to cling on Bianca. Cause it's a new low for me if I did.

My eyes wander throughout the horizon, Underworld is quite a view mostly depressing, but there are parts that looks happy.

Elysium is filled with happy chatters, smells of Barbecue's and smiling people.

Garden of Persephone-

My eyes bulge out due to the view. A figure of a child like me was picking flowers, he has a ethereal pale skin, raven black hair, nuggety body and a sea green-

"No.... No....No ...No" I whispered deliriously, as Percy's smiling form picks a bunch of blue colored flowers, his chiton moves likes waves due to wind.

He looks serene, Swiftly I ran towards the garden but a hand intercepted me with a fierce grasp on my arm.

"Let go off me!" I snarled, as Bianca's grip tighten around my arm.

"Are you mad?!" She bellowed, "That garden was sacred and dangerous!"

"No! I see him" I muttered, as I look at Bianca but as soon as I pointed to the garden Percy was no longer there.

"Who?" Bianca ask, frown gracing her face.

"Annabeth, you're scaring me" Groover said, before bleating and crunching his nails on his teeth.

"Sorry must be my imagination" I said with a sheepish smile, but I swear I see something.

I see him, but is he true or this place was playing with my mind?

"That would be Ironic if a Athena spawn get mad due to over thinking, right?" Bianca snark, which reminds me that I hate her so much.
_______________________________________________

Next chapter is the encounter with Ares!

I'm excited, without Percy do you think who will beat him?