"Okay. I'll call him." I said, then it suddenly hit me. "What time is it?" I asked, not wanting to open my eyes.

"10.47." He said. "Why? What happened?" He asked.

"Your best friend set a bedtime." I gritted.

"Why?" He asked, amused.

"I lost track of time while painting and didn't get enough sleep." I explained.

"Good." Big bro chuckled.

"Ugh. He said 'one of us will tuck you in'." I said making my voice heavy at the end, mimicking Lorenzo. "I'm not a  baby." I whined.

"You are." He chuckled. My phone vibrated. I opened my eyes, to see it was Sarah calling.

"I'll call you later, big bro. Sarah is calling." I said. We said our goodbyes and he hung up.

"Hey, Sarah." I said, happily. Finally someone who's actually excited how it went.

"Hey girl." She said, before firing questions my way. "How was it? Did Eliza get you ready? Did she give you some tips? Did you follow them? Oh god. Did you kiss? I'm so freaking excited." She shrieked.

"Calm down, Sarah." I said. "It was great. Eliza did my hairstyle. She didn't give me tips but it still went great. What was the other question?" I asked.

"Did you kiss?" She said, trying to control her excitement.

"No." I said. "I pulled away. I can't kiss him on the first date." I said.

"Oh. Its okay. Its your choice." Her excitement didn't waver a little.

"I'll meet you on monday. Tell me all the details." She said. We said our goodbyes and hung up.

"I swear, if Eliza calls now..." I whispered. "I can't repeat everything for the third time now."

The door opened and I lifted my head to see Matteo. He smiled and made his way to my bed.

He caressed my cheek.

"Although I hate the thought of a  boy even looking at you, but I really hope you enjoyed today and it works out for you." He said.

Is there a reason to not love him, just after the first meeting?

"Thanks." I mumbled. "For being there and being so supportive. I don't know if you understand it, but all of you kinda helped me escape myself."

"That's what family is for, baby. You don't need to be thankful." He said. "Its our job to look after you and support you. Help you find yourself and what you want."

See the difference?

I was an ungrateful brat for chris and Maria, even after doing everything and never asking for anything. Here, I just live like I want to. Although I ask for favours, they still say that I shouldn't be thankful.

I saw the difference when I first started bonding with big bro and I'm seeing it again.

This is the true meaning of family.

"I'm going to big bro's tomorrow." I told him. He nodded.

"Yeah. Lorenzo told me you go there every weekend." He said, before pulling the sheets up and shifting me so I was laying down properly.

He tucked me in and placed a kiss on my forehead.

"Goodnight, Matteo." I whispered. "I hope you enjoy your dreams."

He chuckled.
"Goodnight Amy."

--------------

The doorbell rang just as I came down after getting ready.