,,How long have you been working here?", you ask and the woman furrows her eyebrows.
,,About two years, I think?", she says and lets out a deep breathe ,,What is quite the long time... Most workers only stay for a couple of months".
,,Why is that?".
,,Nothing you need to worry about".

Well, now you do worry.
You make a promise to yourself to try and do your work as well as you possibly can, wanting to show Lady Dimitrescu that her trust in you would pay of. For some reason you feel the need to show that woman that you can do good, probably beasue your first encounter was a bit unfortunate.

Vaela starts to tell you about the rooms you pass by, which ones you may enter and which to avoid, about the castle-owned winery and the different chores you'll have to do.
She brings you to the washing room at first where she orders you to fold the sheets and towels and stack them neatly into two different baskets. She shows it to you a few times and then she lives you alone, telling you she'd pick you up again in about thirty minutes to bring you to the next task.

That's when you realize that today she would guide you through all the different chores that there are in the castle and you feel a little worried about it. Never before you had to work for a whole day.

Still, you take your time with the sheets and towels, trying to fold them exactly like Vaela and a jolt of happiness fulfills you when she takes a look at them and tells you that you did an amazing job.

'Maybe my secret talent is folding clothes' you think while you hurry to keep up with Vaela who carries one of the baskets and is running upstairs again.
,,After washing, drying and folding them you bring them to this closet", the woman tells you and stops walking out of the sudden so you almost crash into her.
She opens the doors and starts sorting the sheets in.
,,These go right here", she says as she places them into the lowest drawer ,,And you can put yours right above them".
,,Okay".
Carefully you copy Vaelas movements and within a few minutes the baskets are empty.

,,Good job", she says ,,Then you bring the baskets back where they belong and that's what we'll do now. Then we'll go and help some of the other girls cleaning the rooms".
,,Are there no male workers?", you ask as she rushes of again and you almost have to run after her.
,,No, the lady strictly chooses women to work here".

'Interesting' you think and for some reason that only made Lady Dimitrescu seem more sympathic. Let's just say, your encounters with men in the past hadn't been the greatest and knowing that you wouldn't have to face a single one around here sounds very pleasing.

Vaela and you put the baskets back and then she brings you to the dining room where two girls were cleaning the gigantic table with a bucket of water and both of them had a cloth in their hands.
,,Mikaela, Yvone", Vaela says and the two girls stop in their tracks to look at her, but both of them eye you for a moment.
,,This is Y/N. She will join you for now and help you a little. Please show her how to properly clean the dining room and give her all the important instructions".
,,Sure", the blonde girl disappears through another door and comes back after a second with another washing cloth in her hand.

Feeling a little unsure you approach the girl slowly and she hands you the cloth.
Behind you the door closes and you assume that Vaela left, a glance over the shoulder shows you that you are right.

,,Don't worry, we all were new once", the dark haired girl says and she sends you a crooked smile ,,I'm Mikaela. Are you the one who got caught by the daughters yesterday?".
You nod and Yvone raises her eyebrows. ,,How the hell did you survive that?".
,,I don't know. I didn't think I would", you say and look at the cloth in your hand ,,So... What do I have to do?".

Despite them appearing very distant and stiff when you had entered the room they really turned out to be great company and they started telling you a lot more about the castle and the inhabitants, but also gave you good instructions on how to act around them and also how to clean the dining room.