IX

Omniscient
April 17th

"You all are going to get me in so much trouble

"You all are going to get me in so much trouble." Cassia groaned, her right hand rested on her forehead as she looked around her fairly cramped office.

Somehow, Cepheus decided that her office would be his new hangout spot and he stayed there most of the time. While she was handling other patients he refused to stay in his room, even while knowing Cassia could get in big trouble for allowing him anywhere that wasn't his designated area. But there wasn't much she could do once his mind was made up, especially because she was avoiding and ignoring him as best as she possibly could without having to take time off of work or drawing attention to herself.

"Aye don't stress yourself out, don't need you getting no pimples or nothing...with your fine ass." Cassia turned to look towards Rashad just as Anthony hit him upside his head.

"You be begging for your brother to beat your ass." Cassia rolled her eyes, hearing the way Anthony spoke as if she was with Cepheus or doing anything with him. Walking towards her desk, she pulled out the swivel chair that was directly across from Cepheus before sitting down.

She said nothing to him, glancing in all directions except for his face. She was technically on her lunch break, just waiting for Jamila to meet her in her office so she could kick out the boys who occupied her space.

"How you mad cause I'm flirting when Cepheus got a whole other bitch in his room right now?" Cassia quickly shot her eyes up from her desk at the mention of another female, before mentally cursing at herself for doing so. She knew Cepheus caught how quickly the words grasped her attention, a small smirk on his face since now he wanted to toy with her a little bit.

"Another bitch who I think I need to get back to-."

"You can't roam the hallways alone!" Cassia spoke up as soon as Cepheus gripped the handles of the chair to raise his body up. Raising an eyebrow, he glanced behind him towards Anthony and Rashad, nudging his head to the side to tell them to get out.

Raising her hand, Cassia went to stop them, but it was too late since they were already out of the room with the door closed behind them. Leaving only Cassia and Cepheus in the dimly lit room alone. The two stared at each other but said nothing, the only sound heard being that of their breathing.

"First time you talking to me in what, 2 days? And it's to stop me from going to see another female who isn't you?" Cepheus questioned while leaning back in his seat slightly. Rolling her eyes, Cassia reached down to pull her phone from out of her purse, placing it directly in front of her on her desk space.

"I wasn't stopping you from doing anything, I just can't afford to get in trouble-."

"You keep lying to me like I'm some dumbass nigga but I'm not. Maybe those the types of niggas you used to, but I'm not that." Placing her hand on her chest, Cassia furrowed her eyebrows from his assumption.