VIII

Omniscient
April 15th

His feet moved rapidly, breath panting heavily but he couldn't slow down

His feet moved rapidly, breath panting heavily but he couldn't slow down. He wasn't one to run away from his problems because it only showed him to be weak, but he was outnumbered. An idiot would stay to see their fate flash before their eyes, and an idiot was far from what he was.

Standing in the middle of the dark alleyway, he patted his body down in attempts to find his Colt Python.

"Shit!" He cursed, seeing it laying in a puddle on the ground in the beginning half of the alleyway. Luckily for him, his fingerprints never made it onto the gun due to the black gloves he wore, but that didn't stop the weird feeling of defeat from coursing through his body. He'd prepared himself for death many times before, knowing it would happen one day, but he didn't expect for that day to be so soon. He wasn't scared, far from it actually, but the feeling of either being forced to surrender or becoming weakened at the hands of another man's weapon caused an unknown sensation to jolt through his body.

He could have hid, but there was no need anymore. He barely had time to think as he turned around, seeing the barrel of 3 guns being pointed in his direction from a distance.

The sound of the first gun rang through his ears, the feeling of the bullet puncturing his skin forcing a low grunt to leave from his mouth, his body dropping down onto the wet ground as rain poured over his head.

Multiple shots went off after the fact, though only 4 punctured his barely moving body due to him managing to dodge most of the bullets. Once all clips were empty, the only thing heard was the patter of the 3 bodies running out of the alley, leaving him to lay to his death.

The last thing he heard were the sounds of sirens as all strength in his body suddenly gave up on him. He collapsed right there in the middle of the alley, his eyes wide open to stare at the dark sky above him. Blood spilled from his body at a rapid pace, the metallic taste filling his mouth as the crimson colored substance spilled out of him.

"Crystal" Was the last thing he croaked out, before everything went blank.

Cepheus popped his eyes open, his chest  heaving up and down as an after effect from the constant nightmare he been having. A replay of the night everything went down, a vivid, constant image engraved into his head showing the night he thought everything was over.

Staring up at the dark ceiling, he didn't even bother to take in his surroundings, knowing that he was the only occupant in the nearly pitch-black room aside from Cassia. She said nothing, but he could feel her stare on him even though he could barely make out anything except her body.

He hated this, hated being in this predicament, hated the constant nightmares, and ultimately hated the thoughts that continued to roam his head regarding the situation. Revenge. Something so bittersweet that Cepheus couldn't shake.