VII

Omniscient
April 10th

"He's locked in my office now, and he's not going with Andrew's or anybody else." Cassia maneuvered around Jamila, her hot cup of coffee in her right hand as she held her phone in her left.

She wasn't usually a coffee drinker, but there were certain times that called for the energy rush, and one of those being right now. 9:34 in the morning, and she been on go since clocking in at 7:30. Her far from exciting, but heavily eventful morning being the cause of this.

2 hours prior....

"'Mommy I'm walking into work now, so I have to go alright?" She spoke low, not wanting to disturb anyone else walking the hallways or those who sat in the waiting room. Her phone was supposed to go off as soon as she entered the hospital anyways, but she didn't usually abide by those rules.

"Okay but make sure you call me when you get home, your father and I have some things to speak with you about." Nodding her head as though she could be seen, Cassia sent them a small send off before hanging the phone up. Not even bothering to hear her mother tell her 'Bye' since it would only result in another drawn out conversation.

Placing her phone down into her purse, she speed walked down the hallway because she was a little bit behind time. She spent all morning going back and forth with Yannis about him accusing her of smelling like another man when she walked into the house the night before. She wouldn't lie to him and didn't want to, so she simply told him she was with a patient, but he wasn't going for it and continuously accused her of cheating.

And the worst part about the whole thing was the way the only thing her mind lingered to during the whole argument, was the same man they were going back and forth about. She couldn't help the thoughts circulating her mind, knowing Cepheus would never talk to her the way Yannis did in that moment.

Shaking her head, she rushed into her office to place her things down. She wanted nothing more than to see him, hear his voice and innocent flirting. He always managed to take her mind off of hard realities and she loved that, love being in his presence.

"Cassia!" Jamila called out, seeing her best friend rushing out of her office with a bright look on her face. Turning her head anxiously, Cassia kept the warm smile on her face, but it quickly dropped once she seen that Jamila wasn't at all mirroring that.

"Hi, Good morning are you okay-."

"You need to get in that room right now, they're about to try and sedate him and I don't know why. But you need to hurry the fuck up." Jamila didn't have to say any names for Cassia to know who the 'him' was in this situation. Worry immediately covered her face as she turned to run down the hallway, not giving Jamila another word.

Before even making it in front of the room, Cassia could make out yelling from multiple voices. Some sounded frantic, while one particular one sounded borderline evil from the way each word rolled from his tongue.

"Y'all niggas gon be real upset when I burn this bitch down with all of y'all in here! Get the fuck away from me!" Was the first thing Cassia heard once entering the room.

She seen Cepheus standing on one side of the room, holes in the wall with multiple things knocked down and broken in the trashed room. 3 doctors stood on the other side of the room, all of them looking terrified while trying to calm him down, but he wasn't going for that.

"Mr. Emerson, I'll be forced to call the-."

"Call them so I can knock you out and give them a real reason to come get me!" Cassia widened her eyes once she seen him begin to walk closer to the male doctor, forcing her to finally step in and advance in his direction.