IV

Omniscient
March 30th

"Nigga stop acting a fool and sit your ass down, bout to give me a fucking headache." Cepheus complained, his non-wounded arm raising up to rub his forehead in a soothing manner. There was a moment of silence until he heard his brother suck his teeth, but he did comply and sat down, only because Cepheus was having one of his moments.

When he got into his little moods, it was best for everyone around him to just shut up and stay away for the most part. He tried to take his medicine as much as he could, but he began to get addicted which led to him having to go to rehab. It started after the loss of his father, the main reason why he was in the predicament that he was in now.

"How he 5 years younger than you and you always getting bitched?" Anthony commented as he walked back into the room from the bathroom. Cepheus chuckled while Rashad flicked their childhood friend off, no sound coming from his mouth but it was clear in his face that he was getting upset. Cepheus didn't care though, it wasn't like his brother could do much of anything regardless of how mad he wanted to get. They were close, extremely close, but due to his own mental instabilities forcing him to catch weird attitudes and get into terrible moods randomly, Cepheus and Rashad tended to fall out a lot. And that's where Anthony came in, being the mediator of the two before things could get out of hand, knowing that it would take nothing for Cepheus to black out and cause irreversible harm towards his loved one. Which was something that nobody needed.

"You acting like he don't be cussing your stupid ass out too-."

"Can y'all both quiet down, have my baby looking stressed out." All attention went up towards the door where Renae came entering. Cepheus smirked, seeing as she held two hot cups in her hand. One consisting of tea for herself, and the other being coffee for Cepheus. He wasn't much of a caffeine drinker, but because he couldn't access the strong amount of drugs that he would usually be intaking, he had to have some type of high. Even if that meant from something as low as caffeine, a high was a high regardless.

"Thank you beautiful." Cepheus smiled, showing his deep dimples on both sides of his cheeks. Renae blushed, taking a seat next to his bed as Rashad and Anthony shared glances.

Renae, the epitome of dumb in their eyes. She was a beautiful girl, one who had her head secure on her shoulders for the most part, but when it came to Cepheus she acted a fool. Like most of the women who messed with him, she wanted to be claimed and wanted to feel the adrenaline of being with someone of such high status in the streets. She knew Cepheus from grade school days, the two growing up together and messing around occasionally. But things became different once Renae eventually fell pregnant. Pregnant with Cepheus' 4 year old daughter Crystal.

His pride and joy, his heart in human form, the only person in the world who he would give up his life for besides his mother. Being 20 years old and having to become a father so young while also being deep in the game wasn't easy, but he got through it. He never planned on becoming a father because that just wasn't him, but he wouldn't trade Crystal for the world...even with her little attitudes and temper.

"Anyways, where that fine ass doctors of yours at nigga?" Cepheus cut his eyes up towards Rashad, feeling the tension begin to build in the room. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Renae staring daggers at him, but he didn't know why because it wasn't like he was the one who made the comment.

Glancing up towards the clock on the wall, it read 3:24 pm. Cassia wasn't coming in until late, having to take care of an overnight shift with him which was very unusual. Something got mixed up with her schedule to where rather than being with Cepheus in the daytime everyday, she would switch from night shifts to day shifts by week.