Part Nine

After multiple outcodes failed, Ink created a Sans to kill Error. That Monster ended up attacking them both. It defeated and killed Ink. Error appeared to have killed 404, but now he's back, and still hell bent on killing the two Gods. The biggest problem is that Error and Ink don't exist anymore. There's just Alloy.

"Damn, this guy really hates you, Alloy," Dust whistles.

"Not Alloy. Ink and Error. The squid definitely deserves it." Nightmare grunts. He's unsettled that Ink programmed 404 to also hate Error. It's not right to influence a monster's emotions like that.

"404 is just upset! He's been wronged. There's still a chance that we can make it up to him," Blue cheers, optimistically defiant. Dust looks down at the smaller skeleton and pats Blue's head. Dust knows it probably won't turn out like that, but it's a nice thought.

"Ink...... what have you done?" Dream can't help but stare at the book. He never knew about any of this. 404 is the last recorded outcode. Dream feels betrayed. How could Ink use them all like this? Alloy abruptly stands up straight and backs away from the table. The others jerk themselves out of the way so they don't accidentally bump into him. Nightmare and Dream both look to him in alarm when they catch on to his emotions.

"tH-thiS iS my faUlt?". Alloy moves to cover his mouth with one hand, but it only makes it halfway. His left eye light flickers through a mess of question marks, explanation points, and shapes until it rests on a fuzzy orange symbol that's just as unrecognizable as his wailing emotions.

"No! This is none of your fault!" Blue is quick to try and reassure him.

"BUt It is! CrEaTioN anD DestrUCtiOn arE suPposeD to be be-beTteR thaN mE! ThA5 maKEs mË w9rSe! i'lL dO s9MetHin* mU+H wor#E." Alloy has continued to back up until he hits the wall, knocking some art supplies off a shelf. He's now starting to scratch at his skull just like Error used to do.

These are not Alloy's emotions. Nightmare realizes it first when Alloy's two different eye lights flicker. This is Ink's self-doubt. This is Error's lack of self worth. This is both their guilt over 404 and the other outcodes. Alloy can't possibly process all that foreign grief.

"Listen, Alloy. You need to calm down," Nightmare is not very good at comforting others, "You're not the one who did this, and you're not responsible for fixing it. It's....... it's gonna be okay." The King of Negativity steps up next Alloy, wanting to try and comfort him, but he doesn't quite know how to do anything but make people fear him. Then again, his boys have been slowly changing him. Nightmare stamps down his own suffocating aura in an attempt to calm him. Dream's positivity strengths in turn.

It doesn't seem to help. The others speak over each other and try to reassure Alloy. That doesn't help either, and the young God seems to be struggling to focus. For the first time, a single 'error' message flickers to life in front of one eye before disappearing again. Alloy's body has never shown the same glitching effect that Error had until now. However, he does fixate on one thing that is said.

"FiX8ng iT? I-I-i caN dO T(aT. I cAN fIx HIs eYeS!" Alloy jerks his head back up once he realizes it. He then rips Broomie off his back, almost accidentally hitting Dust in his distress. The other jerks back as the end whips past his face. Nightmare and Dream both step back a little with the swing, and the later tugs on Blue. This unintentionally gives Alloy enough room to open a portal. Nightmare's eyes widen, and he lunges forwards again to try and stop him. Nightmare's hand slips along the end of Alloy's scarf before the god disappears into the portal.

     "What is he doing!? That idiot is in no state to be portaling off!" Nightmare's voice sounds furious, but it's suddenly very obvious to everyone what he's worried about Alloy. Dream nearly collapses on the spot.