Part Four

In another part of the multiverse, Blue is having a particularly dreadful day. The human is on a genocide route. Normally, UnderSwap Sanses or other Papyrus stand-ins like Blue have no memory of the resets. That all changed a few years ago after an..... accident. Blue now finds himself dreading the human's fall after every reset. He adores it when they play puzzles and cook with him, but that isn't always the case.

      Most Skeletons don't have the ability to leave their AU without Ink activating a beacon for them. It wasn't so bad when Blue would hang out with him or Dream outside Underswap, but Dream hasn't had much time to play lately. Blue often finds his mind wandering off to what the new god, Alloy, could be up to. Blue was hoping that they could be friends. He'd do just about anything to get a break from home.

     "C'mon, Blue, the human should still be in the ruins. You're gonna miss your cooking lesson with Alphys," Stretch, Blue's older brother, tries to cheer him up.

     "I'm not really feeling up to it, Pappy," Blue answers glumly. He's sitting at the kitchen table, skull resting on his arms. His starry blue pupils are now simply circular eye lights. Stretch feels terrible that he's let his brother become so melancholy.

     Suddenly, a portal rips open in the ceiling of the living room. A Skeleton quickly drops through, landing in a crouched position on his toes. Alloy's left eye shifts to a star when he sees that he's landed in the right AU.

     "PapyruS Stretch! I have coMe to borrow your broTher!" Alloy shouts happily popping up.

     "W-What?" Stretch stutters.

     Before Blue can say anything, black strings are wrapping loosely around his torso. Alloy uses the normal black ones so he doesn't hurt him. The god smiles gleefully before opening up another portal and jumping through, tugging a small companion after him. Dejavu hits Blue like a brick to the face. Stretch's yelling is almost as loud as Nightmare's.

    Alloy's portal takes them out of the AU and to the edge of the code. Blue gasps at the sight, amazed by how his own AUs and others look in their purest forms. Alloy yanks his strings off, making Blue spin and stumble a bit.

"A-Alloy! You're here!" Blue smiles happily, barely stopping himself from hugging the other Monster.

     "I Know! I've Missed you a tOn!" Alloy giggles. Blue has quickly regained his energy after a surprise get away, and Alloy is quickly rising to match that energy. It's strange. Alloy doesn't know Blue besides the patient Monster net met three months ago, but that doesn't seem to be the complete image the god has of Blue in his head.

     "What are you doing here? I mean, thank you! I've been loosing my mind in that AU without a break! Thanks for kidnaping me," Blue laughs as his eyes shift back to their trademark stars.

     "Yeah, I'm sOrrYfor not visiting yoU sooner, but I coMe bearing gifts,"Alloy does a mock salute, making them both both burst out into more laughter. They feed off each other's silliness. "HerE, here, hoLd thiS and summON your blAsters! do it Do iT Do iT!"

    Blue takes the object from Alloy, a little confused, but still smiling. There's no way it could fit in that bag, but Alloy has pulled out a thick, wooden handle from his satchel. Blue isn't sure what it's for. He rarely uses his Gaster Blasters since he considers them to be lazy and low skill, but he does what his friend says. Two Blasters appear on the end of the handle, turning it into a giant mallet. Blue gasps in a amazement and awe.

     "Alloy...... you better start running," Blue's expression turns to a devilish smirk.

    Alloy doesn't hesitate, bolting in the opposite direction. Blue gives chase. The two scream and laugh as they run around the codes of the Underswap AU. Neither Blue or Alloy have had this much fun in months. The smaller never actually hits Alloy, and eventually un-summons the hammer. The handle disappears with the Blasters. Alloy still runs away and shouts happily, it now being a game of tag. It took a good hour or two for them to tire out. They collapse next to the codes, panting and out of breath.

    "WHeW....... tHaT wAs fUN!" Alloy manages to get out between breaths.

    "Thank you..... for the hammer! Pappy's gonna loose it!" Blue lets out a breathless chuckle. "So where are we? This isn't the Anti-void"

"Oh yEah! I hAve things To do," Alloy bolts up to a sitting position, slapping himself. "THis is the sPace bEtween AUs. I've beEn working oN a waY to bEtter protect originals. WaIt here, please."

Blue sits up, watching curiously as the God of Balance begins to work. Alloy approaches the UnderSwap code and pulls strings from his eye, turning them blue. One of these he ties delicately around a bit of code for an anchor. Alloy's body then liquifies into ink. Blue watches in amazement as this puddle begins to jump from place to place all around the ball of code, trailing strings. Alloy keeps hopping and wrapping the AU unlit it's completely covered in a layer of his blue strings. Satisfied, Alloy reforms from the ink and ties off the thread before falling back, even more exhausted than before.

     "Whoa.... What'd you do?" Blue asks. They're both a lot calmer than before.

"My strings sHould protect yOur AU from anYone meSsing with thE codes. I plan to do tHis for as Many as I cAn," Alloy closes his eyes to rest for a moment. That took a lot out of him.

"Oh.... thank you," Blue says, slightly subdued.

"YOu'rE uPset?" Alloy's eye's pop back open, full of concern as he looks back at his friend.

"No! No, I'm not upset, I'm grateful, really. It's just.....," Blue hesitates. The last person he told this to was unbelievably, Error. Alloy's patient and caring expression now looks just like the destroyer's, making Blue comfortable enough to continue on. "I'm not sure if I want to go back home. At least not for a while".

"Why?", Alloy asks softly, undemanding and leaving plenty of space to refuse.

"Papyrus- Stretch- says that practically every Sans remembers the resets and live with the genocides. Am I..... do you think I'm weak for not wanting to take them? To die every single time?" Alloy takes a moment before answering, and Blue gets nervous, but then the god speaks.

"Yes, it's truE that most Sanes Do lIve through the rEsts, but nOt all aRe unscathed. Dust aNd Killer were left aloNe, anD it neaRly broke them. It droVe Geno to tHe save screen," Alloy takes a deep breath, "Ink aLways trIed to intrOduce originals tO eaChother for thIs reason. A support sYstem. You're not weak, Blue. YOu're juSt the same as tHe rest of Us."

"Thank you," Blue's smile returns, finally having a bit of reassurance.

     "I havE an iDea! Do you stiLl have a bEacon?" Alloy asks. Blue nods and pulls a small, round object out of his pocket. Alloy quickly takes it, and then pulls out a small paintbrush from his own bag. He paints over in a few spots even though the becon's appearance doesn't change. "When yOu want tO visit a dIfferEnt world, hoLd thIs as you teLeport. I could just cHange your cOdes, buT I don't really liKe to edIt living things." Blue stares at the beacon in wonder. It's easily one of the best gifts he's ever received.

     "Is it okaY iF I ask a qUestion now?" Alloy asks, wanting to brighten the mood.

     "Of course! What can the Magnificent Blue help you with!?"

     "Did yOu kNow the Creator anD Destroyer?" Alloy hums, "EverYone talks abOut theM and miSses thEm. What were they Like?"

      "Error and Ink? They're a lot like you, Alloy. I was friends with them both, though Ink and Error didn't like each other very much." Blue looks off into the distance of the empty space, lost in the memories.