Moonlight

Bakudeku
Omegaverse!Fantasy Au!
Arranged marriage AU
Some Tododeku

"I don't want to get married," Katsuki muttered, slouched in his throne and glaring at his advisor.

Hanta Sero nodded slowly, holding a few scrolls under his arm. "Right, yes, I know that, your majesty," he shifted and sighed, "but, you're going to have to get married. You're a king, and sometimes that will require you to marry, wether you want to or not... Wether you even know the Omega or not. Your majesty, the people are hungry."

Katsuki scowled deeper, glaring harder and turning away. "How is the harvest going..?"

"Not well, your majesty," Hanta lowered his voice. "Just as it has been for years..."

The King breathed deeply, looking out the window to the horizon. The sun was setting over his beautiful land. Mountainous and prosperous in metal-works and meat... Not so prosperous in crops. It's always been like that, as long as he can remember and even before he was born.

He remembers as a prince, having snuck out with baskets of food to give to the children sleeping in the streets. He remembers going hungry some nights, stuffing the contents from his plate into his pants to give to the homeless late at night.

There's too many people going hungry and roofless in his Kingdom.

The meat production helps, but that is one of his greatest exports. He can't cut it for fear of losing the trade he had with his neighboring kingdoms.

Dragons, metal and meat were his Kingdom's greatest production.

Katsuki licked his lips and ran his hand down his face. "Are there... Any marriage proposals..?"

"Yes, your majesty." Sero held up the scrolls. "I've recieved several after sending out word. I've gone over each proposal and researched each Kingdom or land they are from. I believe that the most rewarding offer is from Musutafu. They are just south of us, yielding abundant harvests each year - more than plenty for their own Kingdom and another. I also hear that Prince Izuku is stunning beyond compare. He has many suitors vying for his hand in marriage. If we want that harvest headed our way to feed our people, you will have to respond immediately. The King and Queen want him to marry you, needing our metal-works and military backing, but it won't be long until the prince marries someone of his own choosing - one with less power or someone with less gain for Musutafu."

Katsuki ran his fingers through his hair. He faintly remembers meeting the petite prince. They were just pups at a gala, hosted by the King of Endeavour. The two snuck away to play in the gardens, the little green-haired Omega shy at first. That's all he really remembers... How shy and weak the little Omega was. He remembers faintlt thinking about how ugly the tiny prince had been. So to think he'd be beautiful now..? It's possible, he supposes. Although, he'd be doing this marriage to recieve support and crops from the prince's kingdom. Musutafu is prosperous and well-loved by other kingdoms. It would be smart to have an alliance with them.

Finally, he turned back to Hanta. "How fast can you set this marriage up..?"

~

Turns out, two weeks. It took two weeks for Hanta to send the acceptance letter, recieve a response, send invitations to the nobles of both their kingdoms, get the servants to gather and hang decorations and fit Katsuki for his wedding regalia. Within two weeks of acceptance, the King was standing at the alter, irritated and itchy. He hated having to wear a Goddamn shirt for anything.

The organ played loud and all attention went to the opening doors.

This is the second time in Katsuki's life he's ever seen his Queen-to-be.