CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

Start from the beginning

In theory, their plan seemed simple enough. Stiles had stolen one of the orderlies keycards which would get them through all the gates in order to reach Lydia in the restricted unit. In order for that to happen, Kira had to simply cause a brownout so all the keycards would go back to their default codes. Then Stiles would grab Lydia and get out.

Stiles, Scott, Liam and Isaac had gotten inside the asylum in body bags with the help of Parrish who was 'delivering' them.  Everything seemed to have been going according to plan, until they found no key card reader and a simple lock in its place. It took Scott, Liam and Isaac longer than planned to be able to break down the door because of the mountain ash surrounding them. Stiles only had two minutes to get through to Lydia and back out again.

The hole had already been drilled into the strawberry blondes head by the time he reached her, her white pillow soaked with her blood and thin sheen of sweat covered her pale skin.

"You can't be here." were the first words to leave her lips when she saw him. "You're going to die if you stay. All of you. Venus is already dying."

"Lydia what are you talking about? We're here to save you." Stiles replied, his eyes fixated on the restraints and the hole in the side of her head. In the distance, they could hear the gate buzzing and someone making their way to the room, assumingely Valack himself.

Lydias eyes move to the door in horror. "Stiles you have to go, please. I promised her I wouldn't let her die, you can't die here. You have to save her."

The boy didn't have time to respond as the footsteps grew nearer, he made his way out of the room and behind one of the pillars across the second gate. He could hear Lydia telling the man things she couldn't possibly have known, things that had happened after she had been put in her catatonic state. That explained what she was saying about Venus. But if that was the case then his girlfriend really was dying.

Theo and his pack had made their way down the hall and into Lydias room, the boy having kept his promise to see who would reach the strawberry blonde first.

"Now what would a pack of Chimeras want with a Banshee?" Valacks voice came strained due to the claws currently wrapped around his neck.

"I don't want a Banshee." Theo replies confidently. "I'm looking for a Hellhound."

As if on cue, Parrish had made his way to the gate on the other side of the corridor, his body ashen and burning. His hands had wrapped around the metal, melting the gate down and making his way through. The deputy easily made his way through the pack of Chimeras, allowing Stiles an easy path to Lydia.

Yet things couldn't seem to go right for them at all, as Valack had grabbed her and made his way through another pair of doors which locked behind him. Theo had followed after the Stilinski boy, successfully knocking the door down and the two of them made their way down the halls together. The Chimera had caught onto Lydias scent, making it easier for them to figure their way through the winding paths.

They had ventured into a communal shower, the patients inside looking somewhat terrified at something they had witnessed. However, what caught the boys eyes was a grate in the floor.

"It leads to the tunnels, doesn't it?" Theo sighs as the two of them crouch next to it to get a better look.

"And there's miles of them." Stiles huffs in response. "They could be anywhere."

The two of them had been wandering the tunnels for what seemed like forever, when i'm reality it had only been a few minutes. Stiles was quickly getting fed up, Lydias warning echoing loudly in his head. She's already dying. The longer they spent down here, the less time Venus had.

"I thought you had her scent." he groans as he watches Theo press his ear to one of the pipes.

"I lost it." the boy replies calmly.

"So find it again."

Theo rolls his eyes at his aggravation. "What do you smell down here, Stiles?"

"Chemicals and fecal matter. Although I'm pretty sure the fecal matter is you."

"I smell it too. It's all that I can smell which is why I'm trying something else."

Stiles lets out a scoff, the sooner he found the Banshee the sooner he found the Nymph. "I'll find her myself."

"You know you won't, Stiles." Theo argues, following after him. "You're going to have to trust me."

"Trust you?" Stiles suddenly turns back on him. "The guy who sent my girlfriend to her death? The guy who murdered his own sister when he was nine?"

Their argument had been cut off by a loud, almost deafening scream that could only belong to a Banshee. They had run across the paths aimlessly, argued a little longer until Stiles instructed the Chimera to break the pipes to help him hear better. Another deafening scream echoed around them before they had broken through the double doors.

Valacks body was sprawled across the floor, half his brain blown to bits and Lydia looking utterly exhausted in the examining chair.

"You came back." she breathes.

"Yeah, we're gonna get you out of here."

Lydia grabs hold of his hands. "Stiles, listen to me. She's here. You need to find her."

He didn't need to hear anything more before he picked her up, placing one of her arms around his shoulders as they navigated through the tunnels once again. Halfway down the hallway, they had run into Parrish, Isaac, Scott and Liam who had somehow found them. The Hellhound somehow absorbing Lydias screams and protecting all of them.

"I can't leave." Stiles stops them as they try to make their way out of the tunnels, his chest heaving. "Lydia said Venus is here, she had one of her feelings."

"I'll stay with you." Isaac volunteers, Scott leaving with Parrish and Lydia immediately after leaving the two boys to roam the halls again.