CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Summer was coming to a close and soon enough all they had left of it was the pictures and the tans

Summer was coming to a close and soon enough all they had left of it was the pictures and the tans. Everything seemed to be going well for the pack, there had been no supernatural threats in Beacon Hills for a while and they were all hoping it could last for their senior year. The only problem that he arises was Liam running around town naked a few nights ago. Venus thought it was very comical, and so did her boyfriend but Scott had become increasingly worried for his beta and understandably so.

"You gonna be okay getting to school?" Isaac asks the girl, pulling out his keys. They had just got done eating dinner at a diner downtown with her dad and were about to make their way to their Senior Scribe.

"Yeah, Stiles is gonna be here any minute." Venus smiles, hugging the boy before he leaves to pick up his own girlfriend.

Venus' father comes up beside her, wrapping his arm around her shoulder. "Senior year, huh? I'm getting old."

"Oh, stop it you drama queen." she laughs, pushing Alex away from her gently. "I don't even know if I'm ready for it, if I'm being honest."

"What do you mean?"

"All my friends keep talking about going to college and living together on the other side of the country, meanwhile I might not be able to go."

"Sweetheart, we've talked about this. Your whole life can't be based around this town, look what it did to the rest of our family."

Venus let's out a sigh, taking in her fathers words carefully. He was right. Every Nymph that came before her from her family died for the sake of the people of Beacon Hills, but then she felt guilty. Like a coward for wanting to run away from it. Her mother and her ancestors died for the greater good and she was about to throw all that away.

A loud screech comes from the other end of the parking lot, a blue jeep coming straight towards them with its headlights flashing brightly. Venus' lips subconsciously turn into a large smile at the sight of her boyfriend. She quickly hugs her dad goodbye, telling him not to wait up before greeting Scott and getting in the passenger seat.

"Hey, mr. Fiore!" Stiles yells , pushing his head closer to the window on Venus' side.

The older man laughs at the boys bubbly attitude. "Hello, Stiles. Drive safe!"

"You got it." Stiles winks at him before he leaves, the teenage boy turning to look at his girlfriend. "Hey!" Stiles greets her, a wide smile across his face as he leans over to give her a kiss. "Everything okay?"

"Everything's fine, Stiles." she replies, giving him another kiss.

"Are they always that mushy?" Liam asks Scott from the back seat, not as quiet as he thought he was.

Scott snickers when Venus turns around with an unimpressed look on her face. "Hey, it's the monster dog boy!"

Stiles lets out a loud laugh from next to her, pushing the jeep into drive as the younger boy groans from behind them. The jeep moves in the hospitals direction so they could drop off Liam with his dad since he was still working a shift. While Scott took a walk with his beta, Venus waited patiently by the front desk, quietly conversing with Melissa.