CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

"Okay

"Okay." Kira breathes from next to Venus. "Hands on the wheel at ten and two." The brunette looks over at the Kitsune, finding amusement in her worried aura. The two girls were seated in the back on Malias new car, the girl had wanted to practice for her upcoming driving test and her friends had graciously offered to help her. Kira may have been bribed into it, but that's not the point.

"Actually the recommended position now is nine and three." Lydia corrects, a smug smile on her face. Malia was clearly growing confused with the two instruction given to her. Venus however, was caught up on something else.

"Are you saying I've been driving wrong?" she questions in disbelief, this was the first time she'd ever heard a piece of information like that.

Lydias smug expression remains unchanging as she turns to look at the brunette. "At ten and two a deployed airbag could break your thumbs."

Venus looks down at her thumbs in slight horror, Kira taking notice as she giggles at the girl. Meanwhile the two girls up front had kept the conversation going.

"Mine would heal." Malia replied.

"Save your strength. And try not to destroy your beautiful new car. Nine and three."

Lydia adjusts the girls hands on the wheel as she starts up her car, the two girls in the back taking their time to secure their seatbelts; Venus even sending a small prayer to Eurydice.

"All right. Just ease into it." Kira attempts to be encouraging. "Good, good. There you go."

"Please shut up." Malia growls at the girl, filling the Nymph beside her with amusement.

"No problem. Just shutting up."

The small car fills with silence for a few seconds before Malia starts to steer off to the left. The action causes the Japanese girl to panic, grabbing hold of Venus' hand.

"Uh, Malia, other way." Venus informs gently, but the were-coyote seemed to be in another world. "That is grass, not asphalt, you're hurting my people."

"We are now off the road." Lydia announces, her hand tightly gripping the arm rest between her seat and Malias.

"I know I can move plants now and everything, but I can't fucking transport a tree, Lia." Venus warns as their learning friend continues to drive on the plays heading straight for a tree.

Malia groans as her car starts to warn her of the collision. "What the hell is that beeping?"

"The car is telling you not to crash into the tree. Turn the wheel!" Lydia yells, startling the girl to finally divert the car from the tree. Kiras death grip not releasing in the slightest from Venus' hand.