CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Venus knocked against Isaacs door, letting herself in when he groaned in response

     Venus knocked against Isaacs door, letting herself in when he groaned in response. The boy was lying under his duvet, no part of his body showing from beneath it. She lets out a sigh, seating herself on the bed next to him and slowly pulling the duvet off.

"It's too bright." he mumbles into his pillow 

Venus raises her eyebrows at him. "There's literally nothing on but your lamp. It's not even day time."

Isaac rolls his eyes at her, sitting up with his back against his headboard, Venus readjusts herself so she's sitting criss cross in front of him.

"You okay?" she asks, giving him a small smile.

"I should've told her."

"It's not completely your fault. None of us told her either."

"How have I already messed this up?" he scoffs looking up at her with a distraught look across his face.

Venus reaches across, grabbing his hand. "What are you talking about?"

"I just- I thought that after...after Allison, I wouldn't get over it."

Isaac shakes his head, cutting himself off, but he doesn't let go of Vees hands. He didn't need to say anything more for the girl to understand where this conversation was going. She moves over to sit next to him, wrapping her arms around him as he leans his head on her shoulder.

"She hates me, Vee." he whispers.

Venus tuts, looking down at him. "She doesn't hate you, she's just hurt. And mad. We just need to apologize and explain ourselves."

"And you think she'll forgive us?"

"Eventually. Malias hard headed, she just needs her space."

He lets out another sigh, lifting his head to look at her. "But you really couldn't do better than Stilinski?"

"Oh my god." Venus laughs. "You know, you two would get along so well if you just try."

Isaac shakes his head with a scoff. "Nah, I'm good, thanks. I'm glad one of us is happy though."

"Give her time, Zikky."

"Stop calling me that."

"Nope."

•••

"I hate this plan so much." Venus groans, looking around the McCalls kitchen table. She was stood across from Liam, with Kira and Scott on one side and Stiles on the either, while Isaac sat on a. chair at their dining table.

The new werewolf sighs from beside her. "Are we really doing this?"

Liam has been just as skeptical of this plan as she had, for equally concerning reasons and for her own safety as well. Messing with life and death always meant messing with her own head as well, which sucked to say the least.