CHAPTER TEN

"This is so fucking stupid

     "This is so fucking stupid." Venus sighs as she approaches her friends on the field that night. She had spent the start of her day with Lydia and Malia, who hadn't found anything at the lake house that weekend and were tryin got figure anything else out at school. When she finally left the two girls, Stiles had informed her that they may have figured out who one of the assassins is.

Over the weekend, Venus had filled her dad and Isaac in on everything Stiles had figured out so far and the phone call she had gotten from Alina that same night. While her dad had acted nonchalant and stated to 'let her try to come near his family', Venus and Isaac hadn't been so careless. The two of them always had their guard up around her father, which is why Isaac had asked the man to come see the game tonight.

Alexander obviously knew the two teens had an ulterior motive but he couldn't say no to Isaac, seeing as he was the only proper father figure the boy had. So Venus had refrained from telling her father about the assassin they were looking for that night, along with the death she felt a couple nights ago that lead to this discovery.

"We're not sure of anything yet." Scott reminds the girl, looking away form Kira, who was now apparently a part of the lacrosse team too. "All we have so far is a deadpool and a bunch of theories."

"No, no, she's right." Stiles interrupts, nearing the group. "We should've gotten the game cancelled. If not for the assassin then for the walking time bomb with IED that you bit."

"Liam has IED?" Venus whisper yells at the boys, disbelieving that they had failed to mention that.

Scott sighs looking up at her form the bench. "Yes, he does, but we've got it handled."

"That's what you think." Isaac scoffs, strapping on his gloves before turning to look at Venus. "Is your dad here?"

The girl points her finger at the bleachers, showing where her father was. "Right there."

"Still nothing from the Calaveras?" Stiles questions, knowing what the two of them had been doing over the past couple days.

Venus shakes her head in response. "I think he's spoken to Argent about it thought, they're both keeping their guard up." She turns to look at Isaac, giving him a small smile. "He's really excited to be here for you, you know."

Isaac gives her a small smile, he had greatly appreciated the way the Fiores had taken him in, especially when he was the one that requested to stay with them. He had never felt so appreciated and cared for in his life, save for the few weeks he spent at the McCall household, but it was just different with Venus and Alexander.

Venus reaches out, giving Isaac a hug for good luck before he runs off onto the field with Scott and Kira, leaving her with Stiles. "You know, I never really understood lacrosse."

"I don't think I've ever seen you on this field before." He raises his eyebrows in amusement.

"That's cause I've literally only been on it once, twice if you count last weeks practice." She scrunches her face as the whistle goes off incredibly close to her with coach yelling at Stiles to 'get on the damn field'. "Goodluck, Stilinski." she reaches up, placing a kiss onto his cheek then climbing the bleachers to where her dad was sat.

The game had started off quite horribly, Devenford was already three points ahead of them by the first five minutes. Venus could tell there was a lot of tension on the field, with her friends trying to tame Liam and keep an eye out for Garret at the same time. At one point Scott and Isaac had to hold Liam back from attacking Brett.

"So which one is your boyfriend?" Alexander looks over at his daughter.

"Twenty-four." Venus replies without a second thought, her eyes widening when she realises what she just said. "Wait, no, he's not- I mean-" She lets out a groan , finally looking at her father. "Not my boyfriend."

He turns a little so he could look at her with raised eyebrows. "I saw you kiss him."

"Dad, please." she groans, throwing her head down, but he doesn't back down, instead wiggling his eyebrows at her. "Aren't you supposed to be all protective and 'no boys till you're tweny-one'?"

"Well yeah, but you haven't been this happy in a while, Vee."

"I don't know what it is." she finally replies honestly, the two of them turning their attention back to the game.

Stiles was now in the middle of the field, crouching down in front of a boy almost twice his size. The whistle blows and Stiles successfully picks up the ball from the middle, Venus cheering him on as he ran forward and passed to Kira, the girl subsequently scoring.

"Yukimura, get over here!" Coach yells, seemingly angry, Kira not getting the hint as she ran over with her helmet off, beaming. "Take a seat. You're benched for the rest of the game."

"What? Why?" the Japanese girl exclaims.

"You didn't pass." Coach deadpans, pointing back at the bleachers.

"I had an open shot!" she tried to argue but the man eventually benches her, Kira looking over to Scott apologetically. The game goes on for a little while longer, slower than it had been since it started, until Liam and Brett collided, the two of them rolling on the grass in pain. The whistle blows, a paramedic and coach running onto the field, Liam clearly got back up fine causing the blame to be thrown on him.

Venus watches as the paramedics start to carry Brett off the field and towards the locker rooms. Her eyes catch sight of a girl slipping away from the bleachers and following after them slowly, and her friends were too busy conversing between themselves to notice.

"I'll be right back." she excuses herself from her dad. "Bathroom break."

By the time Venus had made it down to the locker rooms, the paramedic was lying unconscious by the door. Venus purses her lips, peering inside to get a glimpse of what was happening. Taking notice that only Brett and the girl were in there, she makes her way in. Her eyes widen as she notices the girls necklace start to glow, like it was on fire, and she wraps it around Bretts neck when he tries to make a getaway.

Venus moves quickly, digging her fingers into the pressure point on the side of her neck. The girl yells out in pain, subsequently moving away from Brett and dropping the garotte, Venus immediately turns back to the girl.

"You're Venus, aren't you?" the girl smirks, pulling her garotte closer.

"Not if a psychotic, teenage assassin is the one asking." The brunette retorts, readying herself to fight back. The other girl runs forward, attempting to punch the nymph, but she easily dodges it. Venus flicks her leg out, dropping the girl to the floor but she takes it as her chance to pull Venus down with her. The assassin now had the advantage, straddling Venus and placing the wire around her neck.

"You're worth big money, you know." Venus slightly chokes as she tightens the chord around her neck, legs flailing trying to get the girl off her. As soon as the wire starts to heat up, Venus managed to free her elbow, digging it into the girls knee caps so she loses her grip. Just as the older brunette gets up to catch her breath, Scott comes running into the room, not taking notice of the assassin behind him.

"He said we shouldn't try." The girl exclaims, tightening the wire around the werewolves neck, smoke coming out of his hands. "But now I've got you. I got an alpha."

Scott had successfully pulled the wire from around his neck, shocking the girl and pushing her backward into the wall, knocking her out. Stiles comes running in straight after, taking in the sight before him, moving over to Venus immediately, who was now on the ground grasping at her neck. Stiles crouches down in front of her, looking her over.

"She tried to decapitate you?" He breathes, moving her hands away and gaining a nod in response.

"I think you better call your dad."