52

August

Amelia

It's just past 10pm and although the sun set a couple of hours ago, the air in Mexico is still extremely hot and humid. I had put my hair up into a bun to keep it from sticking to my clammy skin but it did little to actually cool me down. Gloria, Harry's makeup artist for the music video he's shooting, told me the temperature should begin to drop soon. She also thinks the wind will pick up a little which should help.

But although I'm extremely warm, I'm not necessarily complaining. It's beautiful here in Mexico. I've never been before and was completely in awe from the moment we stepped off the plane, even though it was night time when we landed. It's cleaner than New York and the air feels fresher. The architecture of the buildings are also charming and the cities are beautiful. I felt like a huge tourist as I took some pictures but I didn't care. I want to remember this trip.

Harry's filming in two locations for this video- Cancún and Mexico City. Tomorrow we're flying out to Mexico City, which I'm excited for because Harry said he's going to take me sightseeing before a romantic evening at one of his favorite restaurants. He films the following day so we'll have tomorrow to ourselves which is nice. I like watching the process of how these music videos are made but I much prefer spending one-on-one time with Harry. Plus I'm just a little...mentally exhausted from the past couple hours.

We're currently in Cancún on the beach, filming the majority of 'Lights Up'. I was fine yesterday when we landed because we spent the day sight seeing and then other things when we got back to our hotel. Then I was okay today because I was excited to be with Harry on set of his music video. He filmed some shots where he was clad in this pretty blue sparkly blouse and high waisted trousers. I managed to snap a couple pictures of him because he looked ethereal to me. My eyes were glued on him the whole time.

But then my mood dipped when Kid Harpoon, who's been traveling with us and Jeffrey, decided to nonchalantly tell me that the next part of filming included a near naked Harry and a "massive orgy", as he put it. I wasn't exactly pleased to hear that if I'm being honest.

I'm standing off to the side with Kid and Jeffrey as beautiful models flood the secluded filming area in front of us. Stunning men and women dressed in bathing suits and cover ups converse excitedly with each other as they wait for Harry's arrival. I'm assuming he's changing right now into...well, I guess nothing or near nothing. I'm not entirely sure what to expect. I feel a little blind sighted since Harry never mentioned this to me, although do I even have a right to feel this way? I'm just overreacting...it's not as big of a deal as I'm making it inside my head.

"You alright?" Jeffrey asks me, coming around to my right side while Kid walks off to go talk with a member of the crew.

I turn to look at him and give him a tight smile.

"I am," I half-lie. I'm not angry or upset right now but I'd say I'm anxious. I would call it jealousy but I really don't think that's what it is either. I'm not jealous of all these people mingling with Harry because at the end of the day I know they're just doing a job and I know that Harry only has eyes for me. I trust him. But I guess I just feel uncomfortable. Maybe that's the proper word.

"You sure about that?" Jeffrey asks me with a sympathetic smile.

I shrug.

"Yeah, just a little out of place," I admit. I like Jeffrey and find talking to him easy but I don't want to completely seem like the clingy and insecure girlfriend if I spill my unnecessary worries to him.

"Understandable," he tells me. He glances out in front of him at the slew of models and crosses his arms in front of his chest. "Harry was worried what you'd think, although more so about the album than the music video."