5

Hi there are some PSAs at the end!! (and a rant lmfao)

...

December

Amelia

Maybe I'll just find someone else who won't throw it all away.

My breath hitches in my throat as those words repeat in my head over and over and over. I feel myself beginning to panic so without knowing what else to do, I hang up the phone, effectively ending my conversation with Harry.

A loud sob escapes my lips and I throw my phone against the wall in front of me. I hear it shatter and see some of the glass fly in all directions, but I just don't care right now. All I can focus on is the intense pain radiating through my chest. 

My bedroom door flies open and I vaguely see, through my blurry vision, Christian and Melanie look at me with worried expressions. I was hanging out with them when Harry called but didn't expect this to happen. I don't know if I would have answered if I knew he was going to say what he did. I thought it was an emergency and that Harry was hurt or in trouble.

"Amelia, what happened?" Christian asks me. 

I shake my head and bury my face in my hands to shield myself. I can't think. I can't breathe. I gasp for air, panic beginning to overtake my body. 

"Amelia," Melanie softly says. 

She squats down in front of me and places her hands on my knees. I desperately try to regulate my sobbing, but it only causes me to cry harder. Ugly tears spill from my eyes and my breathing is beyond erratic. I feel like I'm having either an asthma or a heart attack. 

"He - he doesn't l-love me anymore," I manage to squeak out. 

"Did he say that?" Melanie hesitantly asks me. 

I remove my hands from my face and wipe my nose on my sleeve, ignoring how gross it is.

"He - he wanted to know about w-what happened with Justin," I explain, my voice hoarse and gravely. Tears still freely stream down my face, undoubtedly colored black from the mascara I had on. "He t-thought I was cheating and then said I was eager to k-kick him out of the house," 

"Fucking hypocrite," Christian mutters, earning a look from Melanie. "What? He is! He's basing this information off of a fucking magazine! Sound familiar? Remember the whole shit storm with Lauren? He's the one that said the media always skews everything!" 

"Christian, calm down - "

"No," Christian cuts Melanie off. "No, I can't calm down. I refuse to. What else did he say, Amelia?"

I take a deep breath while I try to wrap my mind around the conversation Harry and I just had. 

"He called my s-self care bullshit and then p-proceeded to tell me everything he's given to me, l-like the apartment and car and phone...then he said it's like I'm ungrateful and then - then he said maybe he'd find someone else who w-wouldn't 'throw it all away'," 

A guttural cry comes out of me as soon as I say the words. I clap my hand over my mouth in an attempt to muffle the sounds coming out of me but it does little to help. I fall forward into Melanie's arms and she guides me onto the floor where she holds me tight in her embrace. 

"An idiot. An actual idiot," Christian angrily says. 

"I'm sure he didn't mean it," Melanie says. She runs a hand up and down my back in an attempt to soothe me. "I know you two have been going through a rough spot but I've seen the way he looks at you, Amelia. He looks like he's in love - "