18

Double update!! Make sure to read chapter 17 before this one :)

Also y'all might hate me for this chapter LOL

...

Harry

"Harry?" Amelia's quiet voice asks me as we lay in bed, settling down for the night. I turn on my side to face her, finding her already looking at me with a sweet look on her face. "Do you think the police will be able to prove Justin's behind all this?"

I frown and reach forward, tucking a piece of loose hair behind Amelia's ear. 

"I'm not sure, love," I answer, honestly. "I'd like to think yes because Isaiah seemed pretty confident, but I don't want to get our hopes up. I'm not sure how much evidence the police actually needs in order to press charges or get a search warrant. I know Isaiah explained a little bit of it earlier but I still worry it won't be enough, or they won't find anything," 

Amelia's expression falls, slightly, making me feel guilty for not sugar coating it. But what's the point? I think it might be worse to make it seem like everything will be okay just in case it all goes to shit. 

"I hope they can at least find something," Amelia whispers. 

"Me too, baby," I say. "If they do, where do you want to go from there?"

Amelia's eyebrows furrow. 

"What do you mean?" she asks. 

"Well I'm assuming you'd want to press charges...did you want a restraining order, too? I'm not too sure of all of our options but I just want to be on the same page," 

Amelia purses her lips while she thinks. I'm half tempted to lean in and press mine against her but I don't think now is the time. I'll admit, I've been a little sex deprived recently and my thoughts keep drifting elsewhere. It's impossible to keep them entirely at bay but I'm really trying. 

Although a kiss is just a kiss...it doesn't have to lead to sex...

"I don't know about a restraining order. I just want some kind of legal contract or something stating he won't sell our information again. Him or Shannon, although I don't know if she's even tied into this. I mean we know she is, but she basically used Justin as her mule so I wouldn't be surprised if she gets off clean," Amelia says. "She got him to do all the dirty work," 

She's right. I have no doubt that Shannon is the mastermind behind this operation. I makes me wonder if she even likes Justin or if she was just using him to fulfill this plan. I would almost feel sorry for him if that was the case, but he still willingly chose to help her, subsequently making mine and Amelia's lives difficult. 

"I guess we'll see what Isaiah and Jacob come up with. Hopefully we get an update soon. Maybe there will be some evidence of Shannon being involved so both of them can suffer the consequences," I tell her. 

Amelia shrugs, her movement being restricted from the laying down position she is in. 

"Maybe. I hope so," she says. She sighs. "I'm sorry that we had to deal with this. We should be focusing on our relationship - not whatever bullshit this is,"

"Don't apologize, Amelia. This isn't your fault. We'll get through it as well as focus on each other, too," I tell her with a small smile. 

This definitely isn't what I had in mind when I came home. I was completely taken off guard. 

I wound up telling Mitch about it earlier today. I was blinded by my anger yesterday and couldn't even form a coherent sentence, so today I filled him in on what was going on between Amelia and I, as well as this new drama.