9

Just a heads up, my timeline isn't exactly perfect but I do try as hard as I can to make it as realistic as possible. Just in case I ever don't mention something or if it's a little off with when it actually happened :)

...

March

Harry

It's a little after two in the morning when I find myself outside, sitting in a chair while staring out at the ocean. Japan was absolutely beautiful, but I decided to come to Malibu about two weeks ago to start working on my next album. I thought I might as well begin the process since I've already started writing music. I have probably four songs written and an additional three started. 

I don't know how many songs I want on the next album. I'm thinking more than my last one but not by much. Maybe fifteen or less, but I'll probably play it by ear. I'd like to think it'll all come together to create some sort of storyline. My last album was a bit sporadic but this one feels different. This one has more meaning. 

I think I've been both consciously and subconsciously writing about Amelia and the ups and downs of our relationship. I've been reflecting on it a lot recently. Some of my songs are about the joyous and happy moments during a relationship whereas others are a bit sad and, quite frankly, pathetic. But no matter what mood each song sets, all of them are about love to some capacity. 

I hope Amelia knows that when she finally listens to the album. I'm a bit scared, if I'm honest, to see her reaction but hopefully she knows I wasn't coming from this malicious place. It's all from love, even if it doesn't seem like it within some of the lyrics. Sometimes I would write in these dark places but only because I was able to feel so deeply about someone else. 

Heartbreak is the result of being completely and utterly in love with something, whether it be a thing, a place, an idea - or in my case, a person. 

I close my eyes and tilt my head back to rest against the wooden headboard of the chair. The sounds of the ocean fill my ears, bringing an unnatural sense of peace and tranquility to my senses. 

Yeah, this was the right place to go to write this album. Little distractions. A safe space. Calmness. 

It's nice. 

I vaguely hear the sound of someone approaching me from behind and then ultimately taking the chair up beside me. I don't need to open my eyes to know who it is, though. I already know because I'm sharing a rental house with him. 

"You okay?" Mitch asks me, his voice low and somewhat hushed. 

"Yeah," I respond. "Just thinking, I guess," I sigh a bit and finally open my eyes. "I got a call from Jeffrey today. He told me the Met Gala wants me to co-host,"

"Oh shit," Mitch says. I glance over at him and see him giving me wide eyes. "That's amazing, Harry. Are you going to do it?"

I shrug. 

"I think so. It's a bit last minute but they wanted to add me to the final lineup. I'm definitely honored. I'd be the youngest co-host in Met Gala history," I say, a small smile forming on my lips as I think about it. 

"That's incredible. I'm really happy for you. I think you'd be a fool not to do it," Mitch responds. 

"I agree. I guess its just...diffcult to think about with everything else going on, you know? I have the album to work on, as well as my relationship. The thought of adding on something else on top of that just doesn't bode well," 

"I guess but...I don't know, I think Amelia would want you to do it. She doesn't want you to stop your life because of where you two are in your relationship," Mitch says.