24

IT IS 4 AM AND I CANNOT SLEEP SO I BANGED THIS CHAPTER OUT <333 I also do not have my glasses on so there might be typos lmao I literally cannot see

...

Amelia

I'm exhausted by the time I get home. It hasn't been a terribly long day, but it definitely wiped me out. First the doctor's appointment with Dr. Rhoades, and then lunch with my mom. It was nice to spend time with her, but technically I'm still concussed so I just wasn't feeling it. I felt bad for my horrible attitude, but I told her that I'd come over for dinner sometime within the next week or so.

Well actually I said Harry and I would go, so I hope he's okay with that.

I groan to myself as I get out of the elevator, entering my apartment. I just want to sleep, I think. I feel bad because Louis is here still, but my social limit has been spent.

Damn, this concussion has really made me into quite the antisocial and moody creature. Definitely not sweet in the slightest.

I sigh and walk through the apartment, towards mine and Harry's bedroom. I'm assuming he's out since the apartment is eerily silent and I haven't seen him or Louis yet, but I'm proved wrong when I push the bedroom door open and see the both of them sat on the bed.

"Oh hey, baby," Harry says, moving his hands behind his back. "I didn't realize you'd be home so soon."

I furrow my eyebrows. He seems tense and just...off. Not necessarily in a bad way, but more like he was caught doing something he shouldn't have been.

"I cut my lunch short. I wasn't feeling up to it," I say. My eyes flicker between Harry and Louis, both smiling awkwardly at me. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes! Yeah, everything is fine," Harry brushes me off, his hands still behind his back. "Are you okay, love? Would you like to sleep or to be left alone? Can I get you anything?"

I sigh, opting not to think too much about his suspicious behavior.

"No, I'm okay. And I don't mind hanging out with you two. I just want to curl up in bed though. I'm tired but I don't think Im ready to sleep just yet, if that makes sense," I say.

Harry nods understandingly.

"Of course, we can hang out in here. There are a couple of things I want to talk to you about, actually," he says, causing me to frown. "No, nothing bad, bubs. Why don't you get comfortable and I'll join in a second? I just want to - uh - change my shirt."

Harry stands up quicker than I can process and rushes over to the closet. I want to ask him what his deal is but I also might just be reading his behavior wrong. I feel out of it and just not ready to open up a can of worms.

"How was your doctors appointment?" Louis asks me while I place my purse down on the dresser and then walk over to the bed, crawling under the covers after kicking my shoes off. He stays put where he is, just turning towards me and sitting crosslegged.

"It was okay," I respond. "My doctor didn't say too much about my concussion, but she said my cheekbone is healing nicely. She just reminded me to sleep with my head elevated and to ice it whenever I can. She also wants to begin slowly decreasing the amount of pain medication I'm on, which I'm not excited about. The Vicodin makes me groggy but it definitely helps with the pain."

At this point, Harry comes out of the closet with the NYU sweatshirt I bought for him a while ago. I smile softly at the sight while he climbs into bed, snuggling up next to me.

"I'm sorry, love. But that's also a good thing if she's decreasing it. Maybe it won't be as bad as you think while you ween off of it," Louis says.