32

Not sure why I thought Met Gala was MET Gala but I'm going to change it lol my apologies 

...

Amelia

"No, Harry," I whine. 

"Please," he pleads, sticking out his swollen bottom lip in a cute pout. "Please, baby," 

I bite the inside of my cheek. 

"I'm already late. Harry Lambert is going to get suspicious - "

"It's just one kiss," Harry cuts me off with a pleading look in his eyes. "Please. I need it. I can't survive the night without one more."

I roll my eyes. 

How dramatic. 

I stand in the doorway of Harry's hotel room, clutching my dress to my chest so it doesn't fall. It's unzipped in the back and although it fits quite well without being completely secure, I'm still self conscious it will accidentally drop to the floor and I'll expose myself to whoever happens to be watching. 

It's almost ten at night and Harry and I are due at the after party in less than a half an hour. We were given some time to ourselves, mainly to get ready for the after party but also partially to just gather our thoughts and compose ourselves. I think the break in the schedule was mainly for me since I'm not accustomed to being out in public like this for long periods of time, but I wasn't complaining about having some alone time with Harry. 

And apparently neither was he because as soon as we were alone in his room, he was practically tearing off my dress. 

I could feel the sexual tension surrounding us all night, as much as I tried to ignore it. It wasn't obvious at first, especially because of how nervous I was. I felt confident in my appearance for once but I was still unbelievably anxious about meeting all these celebrities and partaking in interviews. I didn't want to embarrass myself or Harry so I was overly cautious for the beginning part of the night. 

The red carpet actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Harry never let go of my hand and kept me close to him at all times. We posed for pictures in front of this exceptionally bright lights - thank God I don't have epilepsy - and we stopped for brief interviews along the way. For the most part Harry did all of the talking but on the occasion I was asked a question or two. Usually it was either "Are you excited to be here?", "How are you handling all this newfound fame?" or "Do you feel lucky to be with Harry?". 

The last question was only asked twice and both times Harry cut in and said "I'm the lucky one in this relationship". 

My nerves settled significantly after all the interviews and once we finally made our way into the secluded institute for dinner and the charity portion of the evening, I felt a lot better. 

Harry and Alessandro introduced me to so many people, most of them celebrities but also fashion designers and magazine editors. It was weird how nice everyone was, with the exception of a couple of people who I could tell felt that they were above everyone else. I had expected a lot of them to be rude or uppity, but clearly I was wrong. My perception on a lot of celebrities that I've met was skewed due to the media and I found myself pleasantly surprised. 

I think I was most excited to meet Lady Gaga, but I also found myself quite giddy to be introduced to Joe Jonas. I didn't tell Harry this but I actually had quite the crush on him back in the day. I was a pre-teen with the hots for him when Camp Rock came out, and tonight my dream came true of finally meeting him. 

He's shorter than I thought, but lovely. 

I also met Katy Perry, Billy Porter, and Dua Lipa. All of them were dressed in these outrageous outfits, but somehow managed to pull them off effortlessly. I'll never understand fashion but maybe one day I'll get to a place where I can dress artistically without worrying so much about what I look like. Maybe I'll have Harry coach me since he loves fashion and stepping out of the lines.