<Epilogue: Part One>

2 years later

"Say it." I watched from the door way as Kai crouched in front of Azrael. Who sat with furrowed brows as his dad gawked at him. 

"He said it, i know he said it. Azrael say it again, for daddy. One more time." My baby tilted his head, noises unknown spewing from his lips until one little word caught my attention.

"Ma- mama." My eyebrows shot up and Kai dramatically threw himself back on the floor.

"No! Wrong one! Dada, dada. Say it with me-" I interrupted scooping him up in my arms and cooing sweet nothings into his ears. He babbled as i tickled him.

"Aww that's my baby." I chuckled as his small hands cupped my face, allowing me to placed dozens of kisses along his cheeks.

"What's that Kai? The sound of failure?" I taunted as he looked to the cieling, rolling his eyes. 

"Mira's first word was Dada, i always knew she was my smartest child." I scoffed, placing Rascal onto my hip as we moved into the kitchen. Kai came tumbling in after, his little girl who he had picked up from her bouncing chair in his arms as she loved to be.

"We can't have favourites you know this." He hummed twisting her curled hair on his finger. 

"Technically we can, it's just sociably unexpectable. I mean, my dad had favourites. He even had least favourite, being me-" I shushed him holding up a wooden spoon before turning to stir my home made baby food.

"Let's not compare our parenting to your fathers." He nodded with a knowing smirk.

"Anyway, I don't have a favourite, i just have a more preferred. It's not like Azrael cares anyway, you two are literally attached at the hip." I blew on a piece of the food, before offering it to my baby, who cooed praise as he ate. I looked back to kai to see him raising an eyebrow as if to say - I told you so -.

Our silent eye fight was interrupted as Gumbo came hustling into the kitchen, his now fully grown size degrading to me as i looked tiny next to him. That wasn't the problem however, the problem was the fact that he was covered in dirt. 

"Kai!" I yelled in an attempt to do something. He rushed up passing me Kamira, who squealed in delight as her brother did. Watching the dog be chased about by Kai, leaving foot prints across the kitchen in his wake.