<14>

Waking up in an unfamiliar room is never good for the mind, your partner not being there is also worrying. And your dog staring at the door is the third strike.

"Gumbo pssst. Hey buddy..." I mumbled slumping off the bed Bonnie had given me and Kai. I walked steadily to Gumbo as he stood stoically staring at the door. You could say i panicked as i picked up one of the many lamps littered around my room.

What really made me feel guilty was when the door swung open and my first instinct was to throw said lamp.

"Ouch, fucking hell that hurt." Kai grumbled rubbing his head. Immediately i darted forward to see the damage only to have him swat my hand away. Fine, fuck you. 

"It's fine, come on. I made breakfast." I nodded letting out a breath as Kai lead me down stairs chatting mindlessly about how the Gemini had been on him since he left. Demanding he shorten his endeavours here and return.

He only finished talking when he had dug into his breakfast, judging me as i passed Gumbo my sausages. Soon enough Bonnie and Enzo joined us, sharing their looks of love and passion, making me and Kai grimace. There was nothing worse then public displays of affection, unless i was receiving it.

"So how is leading the Gemini?" Bon asked starting her own plate.

"You know, same old same old. A murder here, a slaughter there. The paper work never ends as well as the blood." A grin over took Kai's face until Bonnie scowled, he scoffed pointing his fork over at her.

"You need to live a little, God it's like we are still in the prison world." He rolled his eyes throwing me a glance. I returned it with a scolding look making him pout.

"Excuse me for preferring my breakfast without a side of homicide." She replied with a scrunched nose.

"I find it makes everything more tasteful, you know, because we are here to eat the food and well, their dead." I shrugged my shoulders as Kai began to beam.

"Azalea." Bonnie looked down right appalled, a face i had seen many times making nostalgia wash over me.

"Your such a bad influence." She then directed at Kai.

"Seriously i mean she talks about it like-"

Of course she was interrupted by the spluttering of Enzo, as he spat his food across the table. His mouth sizzling as he groaned in pain. I instantly knew Kai had done something. I grabbed him by the ear tugging him to me as Bonnie rushed to her boyfriend.

"What did you do?" I grit out as he winced prying my hand off him and rubbing it swiftly.

"I seasoned the sausages, it must have been to spicy for him." He dismissed it with a wave of his hand.

"With what exactly?" I pressed pinching his arm, he yelped eyeing me.

"Your abusing me." He pouted as i went to do it again, he shuffled back.

"Fine, fine. Salt, parsley, paprika, vervain, black pepper-"

"Vervain? I thought i told you to behave yourself?!" I groaned placing my head into my arms on the table.

"It was a light hearted joke." I stood glaring half heartedly at him as he fought his own laughter back.

"Yeah because poisoning someone is hilarious." I rolled my eyes pouring Enzo a glass of water. He accepted it with an exasperated look towards Kai.

"I thought after finding vervain in my shampoo this morning you would have gotten it out of your system." He spoke with a scratchy voice.

"Well Ezra, i happen to enjoy seeing you in pain." Kai reasoned.

"Wow, such a charmer." Bonnie rolled her eyes turning back to Kai with crossed arms.

"Now if you will excuse us, we are going to meet Caroline. Try not to kill each other whilst we are gone, or break anything in my house. If i find a single scratch any where, I'll burn you both at the stake." She threatened eyeing Kai and Enzo.

"Huh, and you say i'm the bad influence." Kai scoffed as bonnie grabbed her bag, gesturing for me to follow. I stood leaving a lingering kiss to Kai's lips he smiled watching me as we retreated.

"Hey Bonnie?" He called out making my sister turn back.

"Yeah?" She asked sceptically.

"Make sure you bring her back to me okay?" Bonnie softened, the look on her face diminishing as she sighed.

"Of course i will." I ruined their moment with a mocking huff of annoyance.

"I'm perfectly capable of returning my self thank you, I've kicked both of your asses and will gladly do it again. Goodbye Enzo." I smiled that last part waving him off. Bonnie chuckled as we began to walk from her house to a place i hadn't been to in over a year.

The mystic grill.

It smelt the same, alcohol, leather and the aroma of sweat and perfume. Damon Salvatore basically, except he wasn't here like he had constantly been all those years ago. His presence was not expected though, not since he had settled with Elena.

"No way! Wow you look... you look great." A blond bomb rushed towards me throwing her arms tightly around me. I knew it to be Caroline and i nearly wept at the comfort her scent brought me, until two little kids flanked her sides.

"Um care you have some little...? People following you." I glanced between her and them as she took a step back.

"Oh yeah this is Josette and Elizabeth." She introduce making me click. Josette Parker, Kai's sister who had betrayed him all those years ago. She was the mother to Alaric Saltzman's kids only to slowly deteriorate through out her pregnancy. Turns out the Gemini curse was really a... well curse.

One twin had to die and Josette was the weaker one, magic ruined her and the Gemini could do nothing to stop it. Kai did what he could, made her last that bit longer before asking the Gemini to exchange her kids to someone else. Caroline jumped forward obviously, deciding since she didn't exactly like men, she would have children this way.

She must have chosen to name her kids after their mother and her own. I knew just by looking at the pair of girls Sheriff Liza would have loved them, so would have Josette.