<17>

They say there is no indignity in being afraid to die, but there is a terrible shame in being afraid to live. I say that is a lie and living is truly harder then dying, so why be shamed for fearing it? It's moments like these when i watched the life slip away from someone's eyes with no remorse that i fear living. 

To know i would do it again in a heart beat, to watch someone's else's life falter and diminish. 

I bet The Magnolia wished for me to die, considering i was leading The Gemini  through their ranks, slaughtering them by the dozen. They tried to fight, truly they did. But they were pushed by fear and we were spurred by anger.

I wasn't surprised to find Kalani no where in sight, it didn't slow me from killing anyone who even knew her name. Men and women alike, i barely registered their features as i snapped there necks, slit their throats, turned their blood to acid. Some screamed others pleaded in the end they all died. 

"There you are! Long time no see." My eyes darted to Kai as he walked towards one of the struck down Magnolia. He stopped picking a piece of debris up, he inspected it carefully twisting it in his grip. The long wooden table leg seemed to satisfy him as he stalked forward suddenly ripping Kalani's fathers head back by his hair.

The man winced bringing his hand up only for Kai to shove the wood through it, pinning it to the floor. He screamed, being silenced by Kai's ringed hand over his mouth.

"Shushhhhh, no need for the dramatics." He roughly yanked his head further back connecting their eyes. I walked to Kai's side, running a hand gently down the older mans face.

"I'm going to need you to tell me where i can find your daughter." It came out as a calm whisper, my finger trailing softly next to a droplet of blood that rushed down his face.

He opened his mouth but i tutted silencing him, purposely i took a step forward, standing on his impaled hand.

"Bare in mind I'm having a very bad day, i won't appreciate a lie." The older mans lips trembled making me pout in mockery.

"I don't- i don't know. Please we didn't know-" I bent down flicking his chin up by my finger, each of his eyes darted frantically to each of my own, possibly looking for any sign he would survive today.

He wouldn't.

"I'm not going to kill you." I admitted, letting the words escape me as a breathless whisper. Before i ripped my touch away from him, moving my hand to trail down Kai's chest instead. He smirked looking down to me as i moved chest to chest with him.

"You'll make it last won't you?" I asked a devilish grin slipping onto my face. Kai hummed, chuckling huskily as he kissed under my jaw.

"Anything for you." I nodded moving back from the pair as the father let out a yell of agony.

I sat on a broken sofa, which had been mauled in the efforts to eradicate the Magnolia as i watched Kai stalk closer to Kalani's father.

"I never did get your name." He started, twisting the wooden stick around. A scream ripped through the air.

"Pierre, it's Pierre." He hummed crouching down, Piere sucked in a breath at the closeness.

"You know, i did kill your wife. Pretty little blonde, brown innocent eyes." Kai continued, raising his hand as he inspected his own rings.

"A bright shade of hazel, which i watched turn into a dull shade of oak. It was fascinating and i remember thinking what colour my eyes would change into." He shuck his head before suddenly latching his hand around Pierre's throat. I lent forward in interest.

"I bet you want to see don't you?" The man before Kai only shuck his head weakly trying to pull away from him.

"Liar." The familiar red glow grew making Piere rasp out in pain before swiftly erupting with screams of despair. Greedily i wished to drain him myself but i wanted Kai to have this. 

I wanted her.

"Fluorescent blue." Pierre grit his teeth in agony.

"Ocean cerulean." His frantic one handed attempt to remove Kai's hand from his throat faltered as he desperately gasped for air.

"Sky azure." He began to go limp, eyes drooping in a futile attempt to stay open.

"Lifeless navy." Just as his breathing shallowed Kai pulled away.

"Not just yet my friend. Don't you want to know why?" Kai beamed ripping Pierre's head back once more. I smirked watching the salty tears cascade down his pale cheeks.

"Wh-why wh- why what?" He choked out before screaming once more, due to the wood being removed.

"Why i killed her." Kai whispered.

Pierre whimpered mournfully with a resigned shake of his head.

"I'll tell you anyway." Kai began to tug Pierre up, steadying him on his shaky feet. Once the man was standing Kai cupped his hand around the back of his head, levelling their stares.

"She helped lock me away, helped hide my sisters magic, helped in making my life a misery." I stood again now, backing away from the pair.

"So yes, i killer her. And i enjoyed every second of it." Pierre began to sob as Kai patted the back of his head.

"Shh shh shh, you'll see her soon. No need to cry." That's when he took a step back and with one motion sent Pierre flying into the opposing wall. The splintering of plaster and wood did nothing to drown out the deafening crack his skull made.

Kai didn't move from his spot, watching the body drop below to the floor. Surrounded by the bodies of the fallen. I slipped further back intending to do what i had planned alone. 

I had to do this, to keep my mind occupied, to keep it all out. I would find Kalani make her pay the price for what she had put me and my family through. What she had done to Kai.

It repeated in my mind like mantra, from Portland to Vancouver all the way to Seattle.