<27>

The past few days had been spent in a rush, my time consisted of reading and writing. Considering the fact Kai was constantly trying to discover the where about's of the Misfit coven, that left me with the job of battle strategy. And who better to help then the master of all maniacal plans, Klaus Mikaelson?

He was pacing about the room tossing me each and every plan that formulated in his mind as i sat and braided Hope's hair. Which was more difficult then i had imagined but i stuck with it, the poor girl supported me every time i revealed the messy braid saying how well she had thought i had done.

"You know Nikki... We could just wing it?" I offered making him halt in his steps like I had slapped him across the face.

"You can not possibly be serious. Apposed to what you may believe Azalea, you are not immortal. One lucky shot from one of those pesky witches and you are no longer here. Ridiculous." He began to walk again as Hope sighed out giving me and exasperated look.

"Dad, your over thinking this." She told him crossing her arms, i hid the oncoming smirk as Klaus rose an eyebrow.

"Care to elaborate?" He asked and so she did.

"Two siphoner's, one hybrid and three original vampires, if anything you have over planned." She took the braid i had just finished inspecting it before smiling wildly.

"It's lovely thank you."  I smirked triumphantly, feeling rather proud of my self. Yes, it was quite a nice braid wasn't it? Maybe i should become a hair dresser, leave this life of murder behind- Then again i do rather like the feeling of-

"I'm just ensuring the future well being of your aunt and her boy toy Hope." Klaus spoke calmly as his daughter began to exit the room, having heard Hayley calling after her.

"Does that make Kai my uncle?" She asked calmly, although the question had Klaus turning on his heel swiftly, nearly spitting out his drink.

"Bloody hell, no." She chuckled before leaving fully. As if he had, had a heart attack he clutched his chest. I went to stand and go find kai to tell him of out immaculate plan of winging the mission but Klaus seemed to have other plans as he latched onto my wrist.

"Where are you going?" I rose an eyebrow.

"To see Kai? We haven't spoken since last night. I think the mission is getting to him." Klaus shuck his head swiftly.

"Let it then. I have something planned for you and i." I nearly cursed my self when my curiosity got the best of me and i found my self following Klaus. It's not like Kai couldn't handle himself anyway- Why couldn't i indulge?

Klaus lead me into a room further down one of the many hallways, until he opened a door and pulled me swiftly into the room. Inside sat an array of empty and filled canvases each offering a fresh pallet or a personal story. My eyes raked over the paintings, taking in how each had started as nothing and came to become so complete.

"I thought we could spend some time together, painting is as hobby i believe you may enjoy." He told me as i let my fingers float over the canvases. I wasn't the most artsy person, the most creative i ever got was when i made a couple bombs one time with Ric.

Apparently throwing them at Damon was a no go, meaning another hobby i had enjoyed was nullified.

"I'm not really artistically inclined...." I offered with a sheepish smile. 

"There was a time where i would have believed you love, before i had come to know you. However, here i stand having been through many journeys with you knowing you can conquer all if you only try." He placed a paint brush in my hand moving me over ot a stand he had already set up. 

Did he really expect me to become Bob Ross from a few encouraging words? It takes more to get me out of bed in the morning.

"If you say so wise one." He tossed me a look as he stood next to his own station. Beginning his painting without so much as a second thought. 

And so we sat, stood and moved upon hour after hour letting paint spill upon our canvases in an array of ways. Letting the motion of hour hands dictate the way the piece would fall into place. At first i had been indecisive of what i would choose, halting each time the brush wished to meet the painting, though as i watched Klaus one thing became clear.

He did not paint for the masses, he painted for himself and so should I.

The process was faulty but as each line or scribble was laid down it brought me joy, in laughter at how it was shaping out to be. By no means was it good, or even mediocre for that response but it was something. The piece could only be explained as one thing and i think it summed up my life and me spectacularly. 

"Well that is certainly-" Klaus began in surprise as if he actually enjoyed what i had created.

"Erratic?" I filled in placing my brush down. He hummed eyeing the mess of blues and oranges with interest.

"You should paint with me more often." Klaus smiled making me scoff amusedly.

"And over throw you? I'm simply to kind to steal your mojo big man." He in turn scoffed mumbling about just how kind i was. When i looked out the window i realised i had spent the majority of my day with Klaus and the night for that matter as if on cue a yawn emitted from my throat.

Without a word i patted his head and strode of for the comfort only a bed can bring me. Can't blame me for preferring the company of silk sheets apposed to a thousand year old hybrid with temper issues. The whole situation was a no brainer and how quickly i fell to sleep proved just my point.