40 | BECAUSE YOU ARE THE DRAMA

Start from the beginning

"What?"

"My ex told me he loved me."

"Thomas Scott said what?" He says, loudly. "What the fuck?"

"I know, right?" I point at him. "That exactly was my reaction internally—without the swear word. Like hello, if you loved me, why the hell—ugh. That's another mess for another day."

Tanner gives me a sad smile. "I know, Iris."

"You know about...?" I look at him, surprised.

"Thomas was more in Crescent High than in Seahome High and his friends aren't exactly who I will call ideal good friends. They did bets on sorts of stupid and troublesome things."

I just look at Tanner in shock. "...I didn't know he had friends there."

"You would be surprised who he is friends with."

One look is all it takes for me to understand what he means. Thomas never told me about his friends from Crescent High or about any of the bets. Wow, I really have bad luck in the love category.

"You know, for someone like you, it is surprising to see how much drama you are in," Tanner points out.

I groan, "Everyone is in some kind of drama. Aren't you, too?"

He laughs. "Nuh uh uh. I can never be in a drama."

"Because you are the drama?" I retort, smiling.

"Damn right, girl. I am." With that, he flexes his arms and I laugh. "Hey, I made you laugh for real this time."

I smile. "Thanks for distracting me."

Tanner tilts his head. "You're welcome and also, you should try my infamous chicken noodle soup. It can even calm your horny self."

"Oh god," I laugh. "You know, you must meet my friend—"

The alarm in my phone rings so suddenly that I almost jump out of my seat. Tanner laughs, looking at me, while I calm myself down.

I look at him, dead in the eye. "We are not going to talk about this little incident ever."

"You got it," He replies, still laughing. I roll my eyes at him and check the alarm.

"Oh, I forgot." I look back at Tanner as he has calmed down from all the laughing. "I have dance practice. Raincheck on that soup?"

"Dance is equal to important. So, go and don't worry about that soup. It isn't that famous, really."

As I get up from my seat, I wiggle my fingers. "Nuh-uh uh, it is infamous for me, and don't let anyone ruin that for you. Anyway, bye!"

"Iris?" He calls me and I turn towards him. "Noah never meant to hurt you."

***

Dance practice is really chaotic now. With Juliet gone, everyone is a mess. Julio has been so stressed that he has been drinking herbal tea now to soothe his senses. Justin is stressed eating. Keisuke is stressed screaming. I am... stressed quiet.

We literally have a month now and the plan right now should be practicing, not remaking the routine.

After five days of their audition and practice, it was a unanimous decision that Rabi Singh, a sophomore, must take the place of Juliet.

I have known the guy since he 'accidentally lost his way and entered the dance studio in school. The guy is a dancer and an amazing one, alright. Justin also gets along with him. So, all is good... for now.